Mobile menu

Does a monolingual \"TM\" exist (ex: for writing repetitive technical documentation)
Thread poster: Anaviva
Anaviva  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 4, 2002

A client of mine writes a large volume of technical documentation. As we all know, technical documentation can be very repetitive and he asked me if there was any way in which a product such as TRADOS could be used to faciliate the generation of repetitive technical documentation. Does anyone know if such a product exists, or would one simply have to configure TRADOS (or a simlar TM tool) so that the source and target languages in a given project are the same (if this is indeed possible)?

Direct link Reply with quote

Karin Adamczyk  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:54
French to English
dtSearch would be a better tool Jul 5, 2002

A client of mine writes a large volume of technical documentation. As we all know, technical documentation can be very repetitive and he asked me if there was any way in which a product such as TRADOS could be used to faciliate the generation of repetitive technical documentation.

Trados would not be suitable for this type of work because it does not assist with writing. It simply looks up a sentence in a document and determines whether it has a matching (or closely matching) sentence in its database.

dtSearch (www.dtsearch.com) would be more helpful for this type of work because your client could index all past material and then search for similar portions by word or phrase.

HTH,

Karin Adamczyk

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does a monolingual \"TM\" exist (ex: for writing repetitive technical documentation)

Advanced search

Translation news

TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs