shopping books online
Thread poster: fareedeh ghassemi (X)
fareedeh ghassemi (X)
fareedeh ghassemi (X)
Local time: 18:22
English to Persian (Farsi)
Nov 11, 2005

How some one living outside USA can get a credit card only to pay the price of books in shopping online or pay money for example to proz.com in USA. Or are there another options?

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:52
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
what is your question? Nov 11, 2005

fareedeh ghassemi wrote:

How some one living outside USA can get a credit card only to pay the price of books in shopping online or pay money for example to proz.com in USA. Or are there another options?

Hi Fareedeh.
Are you asking how you can get a credit card outside the US, or how to pay with a non-US credit card when you buy books online?
Maria

fareedeh ghassemi (X)
fareedeh ghassemi (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 11, 2005

The first, how I can get USA credit card to shop book online.

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:52
German to English
US credit card Nov 11, 2005

fareedeh ghassemi wrote:

The first, how I can get USA credit card to shop book online.

Hi fareedeh, I'm a US citizen and have lived in Mexico for the past eight years. I have tried but haven't been able to get a US credit card because every offer I have found is restricted to people living in the US. I do have a German credit card, though. On a visit there several years ago I walked into a German bank with my German sister-in-law who served as a guarantor and got the credit card with my Mexican address.

If someone knows how someone not living in the US can get a US credit card, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Best, Kim

fareedeh ghassemi (X)
fareedeh ghassemi (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 11, 2005

Dear Mr. Metzger
Untill now I didn't know you are USA citizen.I don't need to a USA credit card, I only need one valid card in USA to pay money for example to proz.com or to buy books online.

Dr Sue Levy (X)
Dr Sue Levy (X)
Local time: 15:52
French to English
+ ...
Any recognised card will be accepted Nov 11, 2005

I have a major credit card (starts with V) attached to my bank account here in Luxembourg and have purchased books, photo and computer equipment online in the US, UK, Australia without any problem. You don't need a card issued in the US.

fareedeh ghassemi (X)
fareedeh ghassemi (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 12, 2005

Dear Sue, my problem was solved because the writer kindly informed me that he has an extra copy of the book and will send it me, as well as your answers helped me know how I can get a valid credit card internationally for other purposes such as paying money to proz.com, etc.
Many thanks all

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

shopping books online

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »