Thread poster: Inese Poga-Smith
Inese Poga-Smith
Inese Poga-Smith  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:45
Latvian to English
+ ...
Nov 14, 2005

Has anybody done a verified pharmaceutical translation? Because I am not sure if I should verify it. When I took the assigment (it was in August) we didn't agree on any verfication, now I am urgently asked to verify it and have been sent also money for this task. I sighned all pages but I have started to think - what if something happens due to misuse of the text or of the medical product? What are my responsibilities - just the translation or anything else? Should I attach anything like that I ... See more
Has anybody done a verified pharmaceutical translation? Because I am not sure if I should verify it. When I took the assigment (it was in August) we didn't agree on any verfication, now I am urgently asked to verify it and have been sent also money for this task. I sighned all pages but I have started to think - what if something happens due to misuse of the text or of the medical product? What are my responsibilities - just the translation or anything else? Should I attach anything like that I assume just the responsibity regarding the text? I am not a lawyer and I don't have much experience with such verified translations. Thanks in advance!Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:45
English to German
+ ...
Verified Translation Nov 15, 2005

I can't give you any advice on the legal implications of such a verification.

I work with several clients and some of them require me to sign such a verification with every job, no matter if it's pharmaceutical or medical or something more general in nature.

Did your client ask you to have it notarized? I don't usually notarize mine, I just sign their standard forms and fax them back.

Someone told me once that, since in the UK and the US there is no such
... See more
I can't give you any advice on the legal implications of such a verification.

I work with several clients and some of them require me to sign such a verification with every job, no matter if it's pharmaceutical or medical or something more general in nature.

Did your client ask you to have it notarized? I don't usually notarize mine, I just sign their standard forms and fax them back.

Someone told me once that, since in the UK and the US there is no such thing as a sworn translation, a translator certificate or verification serves as some sort of proof that the translator/proofreader has performed the job to the best of his/her knowledge.

HTH.

Sonja

[Edited at 2005-11-15 11:40]
Collapse

Inese Poga-Smith
Inese Poga-Smith  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:45
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 15, 2005

Thank you Sonja so much, that explains the matter. Now I can see why that verfication is needed. Regards, Inese

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Verified translation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »