satish krishna itikela  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 10:58
Member (2011)
English to Telugu
+ ...
Nov 17, 2005

Hello Everyone,

I have a question for all which is also a question for myself.Recently one of my clients asked me to undertake a correction of a project which was completed long back i.e above one year back.As it was not my mistake in the translation i refused to undertake that correction/checking,with this he came out with reply that i should undertake it and moreover stating that generally translators in the localization field undertake even after 2 or 3 years.I was surprised with this reply so i want to know that to how much extent it is true.

I request you one and all to express their opinions and experiences to maximum extent who faced in their professional life so that i too know what other professionals do or faced this situation with a better solution.

Thank you for one and all in advance.

Regards,
Satish.

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:28
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Not sure if I understand the problem correctly... Nov 17, 2005

Once a job is delivered, accepted and paid it's finished. Any further work - amendments made to the original by the client, corrections, etc, are a new project for which you negotiate the rate. It's not uncommon to ask the same translator to work on a new version of old document - it happens to me rather frequently, but each time it's a new project and paid separately.

HTH
Magda

Barbara Østergaard
Denmark
Local time: 07:28
English to Danish
+ ...
Agree Nov 18, 2005

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

Once a job is delivered, accepted and paid it's finished. Any further work - amendments made to the original by the client, corrections, etc, are a new project for which you negotiate the rate. It's not uncommon to ask the same translator to work on a new version of old document - it happens to me rather frequently, but each time it's a new project and paid separately.

HTH
Magda

I agree with Magda. I definitely wouldn't do it unless paid for the job.

Best regards,
Barbara

satish krishna itikela  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 10:58
Member (2011)
English to Telugu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Thank you very much" Nov 18, 2005

Dear Magda Dziadosz and Barbara,

Iam thankful for your valuable information and response to this needy professional question.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Satish.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Accepting the additions and corrections"

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs