Thread poster: Profile
Canada
Local time: 23:40
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
Nov 22, 2005

I posted about how the translation company was in Taiwan:

"You can save your comments to yourself about how much we pay. Suggest you keep looking for jobs from India and Malaysai too.(better than Taiwan according to his company low rate(US0.025 - 0.03))

There are thousand of translators out there and trust me, another one more or less makes no difference to this company (Oh, really?). Your attitude sucks, period! Guess translation must have made you rich for you to tel
... See more
I posted about how the translation company was in Taiwan:

"You can save your comments to yourself about how much we pay. Suggest you keep looking for jobs from India and Malaysai too.(better than Taiwan according to his company low rate(US0.025 - 0.03))

There are thousand of translators out there and trust me, another one more or less makes no difference to this company (Oh, really?). Your attitude sucks, period! Guess translation must have made you rich for you to tell be all this crap."

Email from another translation company in Hong Kong:
I also want to know what is the problem ?

I've dealt with many translation companies. Never had such a problem with others. I'm beginning to think this is thier pattern or any opinion?
Collapse

Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:40
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
They forget something... Nov 22, 2005

0.03 USD/word might be a lot of money in Taiwan, but you certainly can't support yourself with such a rate in Europe, for example. These agencies forget that if they want someone (good) to translate their texts into e.g. European languages, they must pay accordingly. If they manage to find, let's say a Finnish translator living in Taiwan (no one else should and could accept these rates), well, good for them... But it's highly unlikely.

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 05:40
English to Danish
What are they referring to? Nov 22, 2005

jis wrote:

Email from another translation company in Hong Kong:
I also want to know what is the problem ?

The first one, what kind of comment are they referring to?
I mean, how did you reply to their proposal?
Or did you make an entry in the BB that they are referring to?

And the second one, how did you reply to their proposal?

I just need to get the broader picture here before I can comment on it, so please could you let us know your reply?

Canada
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Never thought that way - Good! Nov 22, 2005

Niina Lahokoski wrote:

If they manage to find, let's say a Finnish translator living in Taiwan (no one else should and could accept these rates), well, good for them... But it's highly unlikely.

Canada
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It simply tells you what kind of the people they are. Nov 22, 2005

: About the response.

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Local time: 11:40
Chinese to English
+ ...
A bigger picture is needed. Nov 23, 2005

I don't think it's fair enough to judge someone by just one or two sentences, especially when they are out of context.

Personally I think a bigger picture might help all of us to have a better understanding of what exactly happened.

[Edited at 2005-11-24 07:35]

Nicolette Ri (X)
Nicolette Ri (X)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Why do you reply at all? Nov 23, 2005

It was not for you. What they want is low paid South-Asian workers, not European/Canadian translators or Finnish expats.
You can't change the world. Sending an answer to these companies is wasting time.

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
You didn't give the whole picture Nov 23, 2005

What did you say to them?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This can't be a business talk.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »