Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:25
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 9, 2005

Every time I receive an offer from an outsourcer I check the BB. I believe most of you do. I have just updated my input for an agency (given a lower rating) and found out that some colleagues with whom I exchanged emails about payment issues from this agency still mantain a rating of 5. This can be misleading for other colleagues who may be contacted by the same agency.

Best regards,

Elías

[Edited at 2005-12-09 18:43]

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:25
Dutch to English
+ ...
Dear Elías, Dec 9, 2005

I could not agree more. It is of the utmost importance to keep the BB updated. Our livelihood depends on it. I know that we are busy and I myself have not always be diligent about adding to the BB, updating records. What can we do to get to it,to improve our response time?

I would be very interested to hear the views of others on this.

Have a great weekend.
Lucinda

[Edited at 2005-12-09 19:33]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:25
English to German
+ ...
Two points to add Dec 9, 2005

Thanks for highlighting this, Elías.

Just to add two points which some members are probably not fully aware of:

You can post a new entry after twelve months
Quoting BB FAQ #18:

18. Can I make more than one entry per outsourcer?

Yes, you may make one entry per outsourcer per year--provided that you have worked for the outsourcer again before adding an additional entry. You may not make multiple entries on the basis of a single experience.

Accordingly, entries which are older than twelve months will no longer show a request edit link. The idea is to build a history of entries over time, so unless there's an important reason why you no longer want an old entry to be shown, please leave it in and post a new one (provided you have worked again for the same outsourcer, of course).

Contact a Jobs/BB moderator if you need to change an entry due to non-payment, but the outsourcer has responded

If you need to report non-payment (and you fulfil the requirements in BB FAQ #2 - i.e. you delivered on time, and no quality issues were raised), but cannot change your entry because the outsourcer responded, please contact a Jobs/BB moderator. (Contacting one of us is fine, BTW...)

Best regards,
Ralf

[Edited at 2005-12-09 19:34]

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Local time: 18:25
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
Reaction... Dec 10, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Thanks for highlighting this, Elías.

Just to add two points which some members are probably not fully aware of:

You can post a new entry after twelve months
Quoting BB FAQ #18:

18. Can I make more than one entry per outsourcer?

Yes, you may make one entry per outsourcer per year--provided that you have worked for the outsourcer again before adding an additional entry. You may not make multiple entries on the basis of a single experience.

Accordingly, entries which are older than twelve months will no longer show a request edit link. The idea is to build a history of entries over time, so unless there's an important reason why you no longer want an old entry to be shown, please leave it in and post a new one (provided you have worked again for the same outsourcer, of course).

Contact a Jobs/BB moderator if you need to change an entry due to non-payment, but the outsourcer has responded

If you need to report non-payment (and you fulfil the requirements in BB FAQ #2 - i.e. you delivered on time, and no quality issues were raised), but cannot change your entry because the outsourcer responded, please contact a Jobs/BB moderator. (Contacting one of us is fine, BTW...)

Best regards,
Ralf

[Edited at 2005-12-09 19:34]
How can I react to the answer from a translation enterprise?

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 19:25
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Yes, it's important to update Dec 11, 2005

Following the suggestion I immediately went through my project list and inserted a few comments in BB, although they were all positive and joined a long list of positive comments already there.
The reason why I have only positive comments is that I do not quote on a job with a new agency if it is not already in BB and with positive feedback. So, in order for me to be able to work for more agencies, would you kindly ALL update the BB?...
See more
Following the suggestion I immediately went through my project list and inserted a few comments in BB, although they were all positive and joined a long list of positive comments already there.
The reason why I have only positive comments is that I do not quote on a job with a new agency if it is not already in BB and with positive feedback. So, in order for me to be able to work for more agencies, would you kindly ALL update the BB? Thank you!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The importance of updating the BB

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »