UK Business -- Who are the principals?
Thread poster: Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 11, 2006

Dear Colleagues:

All too often we are dealing with a "project manager" or an "account manager" when working with an agency. Unfortunately, that individual may be as 'dumb as dirt' and is making important decisions regarding us--many of whom are highly credentialed and probably old enough to be the individual's parent, at least.

When it comes down to the nitty-gritty, I would like to know who the people really in charge are, especially when it comes to managing real cris
... See more
Dear Colleagues:

All too often we are dealing with a "project manager" or an "account manager" when working with an agency. Unfortunately, that individual may be as 'dumb as dirt' and is making important decisions regarding us--many of whom are highly credentialed and probably old enough to be the individual's parent, at least.

When it comes down to the nitty-gritty, I would like to know who the people really in charge are, especially when it comes to managing real crises.

Does anyone know how to identify or where to find out who the actual business owners of an agency are, assuming of course that the business is lawfully registered?

I'm principly interested in:
UK
Spain
Luxembourg

Thanks very much!

Harold
Collapse

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:27
Italian to English
+ ...
UK Jan 11, 2006

Just a couple of ideas but it really depends on the size of the company.

Check details for limited companies (Ltd) at Companies House. Standard checks are free but I think it's GBP 1.00 for details of Director(s) etc.
That's assuming your company is officially registered.

Otherwise a WHOIS check might help you out, but could give you a we
... See more
Just a couple of ideas but it really depends on the size of the company.

Check details for limited companies (Ltd) at Companies House. Standard checks are free but I think it's GBP 1.00 for details of Director(s) etc.
That's assuming your company is officially registered.

Otherwise a WHOIS check might help you out, but could give you a web designer's name and address etc., which is obviously no good.

[Edited at 2006-01-11 16:32]

[Edited at 2006-01-11 16:38]
Collapse

Christine Schmit (X)
Christine Schmit (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to French
+ ...
Luxembourg Jan 11, 2006

For Luxembourg, you can request information at the "Registre de commerce et des sociétés", http://www.rcsl.lu

Regards,

Christine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK Business -- Who are the principals?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »