so smart
Thread poster: Emmanouil Tyrakis
Emmanouil Tyrakis
Emmanouil Tyrakis
Local time: 07:47
French to Greek
+ ...
Jan 20, 2006

I have just received the following e-mail. Are these people so smart as they think they are??

Dear Madam or Sir,

Is there any corporate client or translation agency, asking you for translation work but you can't handle it since this is not your professional language pair?

Are there occasions when your schedule is so busy that you cannot meet the translation deadline?

Do you get tired of keeping translating over and over and then being sleep
... See more
I have just received the following e-mail. Are these people so smart as they think they are??

Dear Madam or Sir,

Is there any corporate client or translation agency, asking you for translation work but you can't handle it since this is not your professional language pair?

Are there occasions when your schedule is so busy that you cannot meet the translation deadline?

Do you get tired of keeping translating over and over and then being sleep depraved?

Do you want extra time for leisure while making more money?

Hey! Grab this chance! You can make more and more money along with your translation work by just joining our ************** Program(***).

Simply refer any corporate client or translation agency to us. Once we start working on project with them , you will get 50% of the Gross Profit = Sales Revenue - Translator Cost as a referral commission for each single translation project.

Over thousands of translators have joined our ************** Program(***). They all make more money in a much easier way than just working as a busy translator.

Don't miss this opportunity!Please contact us for further details! ***@***********.com

*** Manager
*********** Inc.
www.*********** .com
Collapse

Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:47
German to English
I don't think... Jan 20, 2006

...giving away 50% of one's profit is a way to succeed in business. Any incentive scheme has to pay for itself somehow. As for the claim of "thousands" of translators already signed up, I have to wonder.
The mind boggles still further at the thought of our fellow writers being "sleep depraved".
Destination: File 13 I think...
DB

Peter Bouillon
Peter Bouillon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:47
French to German
+ ...
Simpler Jan 20, 2006

Emmanouil Tyrakis wrote:
Once we start working on project with them , you will get 50% of the Gross Profit = Sales Revenue - Translator Cost as a referral commission for each single translation project.

Why introduce a third party you don't know anything about?

Get to know some collegues you trust.

• Either: Build up a mutual relationship. Pass the work directly to said collegues and receive their overflow when they have got some.
  • Or: Outsource in the same way as this company seems to and keep 100% of the Gross Profit as a referral commission.

P.
[/list]

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 22:47
Dutch to English
+ ...
Scam? Jan 20, 2006

It sounds like a scam to me.

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
Local time: 06:47
French to English
+ ...
I received the same mail... Jan 20, 2006

... and I binned it with all the other spam.

Lesley

Emmanouil Tyrakis
Emmanouil Tyrakis
Local time: 07:47
French to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply to this mail Jan 21, 2006

My reply to this e-mail was...

How about if I give 0.01 dollar per word (target text) for the translations I do not have the time to do?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-01-21 11:23]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

so smart

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »