Mobile menu

What's happening to Proz?
Thread poster: Angel Biojo

Angel Biojo
United States
Local time: 00:43
English to Spanish
Jan 30, 2006

I wish I knew what is happening to Proz.

Once more I have upgraded my membership to platinium, but after so doing I have noticed:

1. The KudoZ section did not change much in last December and it has not changed much this month either.
2. The first time I upgraded my membership I used to receive job notifications. I have not gotten a single one this time in about three months.
3. Whenever I post something, next to my name it says edit/delete, which by the way I do not see next to other members’ names.
4. On top, third parties have informed me that messages sent to my Proz email address are bouncing, and it is always empty as a consequence.

Angel Biojó

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:43
English to German
+ ...
Checking details... Jan 30, 2006

Hi Angel,
1. The KudoZ section did not change much in last December and it has not changed much this month either.

Cannot comment on KudoZ; but are you certain you're using the new interface?

2. The first time I upgraded my membership I used to receive job notifications. I have not gotten a single one this time in about three months.

Have you checked the settings in your Jobs Dashboard?

3. Whenever I post something, next to my name it says edit/delete, which by the way I do not see next to other members’ names.

You didn't specify what you're referring to, but I guess you're talking about peer comments in KudoZ? Well, you can edit yours, but you cannot edit other members' entries.

4. On top, third parties have informed me that messages sent to my Proz email address are bouncing, and it is always empty as a consequence.

Are you referring to e-mails sent through your ProZ.com profile (in which case you should double-check, and/or change the e-mail address you have stored in your profile), or to e-mails sent to a domain hosted by ProZ.com (in which case you should submit a Support Request)?

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
We probably have Jan 30, 2006

as many moderators as members. Proz.com is becoming a rom.com this is what I think. I do not know when a rediredted mail is my hosting problem or a proz.mail trouble and I cannot check. ticket number etc., in addition to usual troubles pertaining to non-paying outsourcers, abusers and nincompoos and finances or what?? Brandis

[Edited at 2006-01-30 16:37]

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Could you please state your point? Jan 30, 2006

Brandis wrote:

as many moderators as members. Proz.com is becoming a rom.com this is what I think. I do not know when a rediredted mail is my hosting problem or a proz.mail trouble and I cannot check. ticket number etc., in addition to usual troubles pertaining to non-paying outsourcers, abusers and nincompoos and finances or what?? Brandis

As far as I know, there are less than 100 moderators for nearly 130,000 registered users.
I also fail to see what non-paying outsourcers have got to do with ProZ.com as any and all contracts are solely an issue between you and the outsourcer.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
@Brandis Jan 30, 2006

What do you want to say with your post?
If an e-mail is bouncing, you usually need to contact your service provider, which is nothing else with ProZ.

And we have some one hundred moderators for more than 130 thousands profiles created! Even if you assume, that only 10% of that profiles are real members, so still you will have 100 to 10000 ratio. I fail to see, that this is "the same number".

Best
Jerzy

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
it was not about the parity Jan 30, 2006

Evert DELOOF-SYS wrote:

Brandis wrote:

As far as I know, there are less than 100 moderators for nearly 130,000 registered users.
I also fail to see what non-paying outsourcers have got to do with ProZ.com as any and all contracts are solely an issue between you and the outsourcer.
I am very clear that the the moderators are probably outnumbered in many respects and have to lead normal lives as well. But I did not understand your point about non-paying outsourcers, and why do you raise that point?? At least in two situations I have seen a moderator or two getting mixed up between his duty as moderator or a judge of the work or the quality or product delivered or demanding the remuneration overdue. This had happened to me for the second time in my total tenure at this site. Additionally I have reported (as anybody competent can take up the issue and explain me) why is it that mails redirected from proz.mail do not reach my domain mail sometimes. I also have a ticket number here, apparently someone was listening. I consider the role of a moderator to be one of a sheriff´s, should have bull of an honour and do the right things etc., the troubles can otherwise be solved via courts etc., That is why I would say one is lacking overview and express in my own terms as rome.com. Best Brandis

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
it is none external service provider Jan 30, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

What do you want to say with your post?
If an e-mail is bouncing, you usually need to contact your service provider, which is nothing else with ProZ.

And we have some one hundred moderators for more than 130 thousands profiles created! Even if you assume, that only 10% of that profiles are real members, so still you will have 100 to 10000 ratio. I fail to see, that this is "the same number".

Best
Jerzy
We have a basic mailservice offer from proz.com initially amounting to about 10 MB. I do use it and sometimes I redirect it to my domain mail, as it is more convenient using outlook interface I can catch multiple mails like hotmail and the others. I should have opted that the staff attends to my trouble, but I had to intentionally leave this option open to any competent member including moderators, whereas all the moderators are busy moving things to another thread or solving unknown issues I said we are on the perfect way to become like the Roman empire. As you may fail to see I am not talking much about the parity of the ratio of moderators and the members, I might aswell save that word here. Brandis

[Edited at 2006-01-30 17:11]

Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:43
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Point 3 Jan 30, 2006

I guess that edit/delete in only visible to you, to let you modify your answer.

For example, if you choose delete, you need to give a reason for this choice.

Just trying to help.

Alicia

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 10:43
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Dear Brandis Jan 30, 2006

Contrary to what you believe, no moderator can access/ modify your profile settings (or actually see what e-mail address you have entered into your profile).

Therefore you should ask Staff to help you there via Support Request.

Uldis

Brandis wrote:
I should have opted that the staff attends to my trouble, but I had to intentionally leave this option open to any competent member including moderators, whereas all the moderators are busy moving things to another thread or solving unknown issues

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
I have already made that a point Jan 30, 2006

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

Contrary to what you believe, no moderator can access/ modify your profile settings (or actually see what e-mail address you have entered into your profile).

Therefore you should ask Staff to help you there via Support Request.

Uldis

Brandis wrote:
I should have opted that the staff attends to my trouble, but I had to intentionally leave this option open to any competent member including moderators, whereas all the moderators are busy moving things to another thread or solving unknown issues
Hi! I have already made that a point through the support request, but what I cannot understand is this thing had never happended before till about last october, actually yes. This is but generally only one of the points I am raising. I see now more and more moderators are participating in this. Best Brandis
For Jerzy, I use basic mailservice offered by this site through everyone net. I think all members get this, additionally I use proz.com basic hosting services. I hope that explains now, why I sometimes reroute my mails to my proz.domain account. Brandis

[Edited at 2006-01-30 17:49]

[Edited at 2006-01-30 17:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's happening to Proz?

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs