Mobile menu

British Debt Collection Agencies
Thread poster: nettranslatorde

nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
Aug 9, 2002

Hi,

Can anyone of you recommend me a good debt collection agency in Britain, preferably in Manchester and Reading?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Kerstin

Direct link Reply with quote

Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:56
Member (2002)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Depends on how much you are owed,,,,, Aug 9, 2002

I am waiting for a balance of 4,500 Euro for a 12,000 Euro job. While I am pretty certain of getting the balance, I have consulted my solicitor. If you have a \"statutory order to pay\" issued by a solicitor, (costs about 225 Euro) the party concerned have 21 days to pay up. If they fail to do so, you are legally within your rights to commence bankruptcy proceedings. My solicitor has told me that 95% of parties cough up when faced with bankruptcy, unless of course they are not worth a bean to start with.

Oh, and by the way most debt collection agencies charge horrendous commissions, so the 225 Euros suddenly doesn\'t seem so much.

Failing that send the boys round -

Good Luck

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-09 20:03 ]

nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It isn't so much but enough to start action Aug 10, 2002

One agency owes me about 300 Euro, the other one about 500. For me this is a large total sum, but for them it might be peanuts. The problem is, I can\'t pay such a large sum to a solicitor - what will be left after all that work and trouble?

Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:56
Member (2002)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I'll tell you what will be left Aug 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-10 06:38, Mouhannaya wrote:

One agency owes me about 300 Euro, the other one about 500. For me this is a large total sum, but for them it might be peanuts. The problem is, I can\'t pay such a large sum to a solicitor - what will be left after all that work and trouble?

A) Not a lot if you use a debt collector

B) A client that is not laughing behind your back

C) A translator with slightly more satisfaction than at the present time.

Don\'t be afraid of losing the client. After all, what use is a client that does not pay??

Above all pursue it, even if you end up without a cent. Maybe you\'ll be doing fellow colleagues a favour for the future.

I am sure many agencies, (the overwhelming minority IMHO) expect no action to be taken.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

British Debt Collection Agencies

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs