Advice needed re: health insurance
Thread poster: alston66
alston66
alston66
English
Apr 6, 2006

I've had problems on where i could get an insurance with me only earning a little i need a cheaper insurance for me and my family.
Can you help me regarding to my problem??
Kindly reply to this thread.. Thanks!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-04-06 12:14]

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 08:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
More info needed Apr 6, 2006

It would certainly help if you could specify which type of insurance you're looking for.
It's also not clear from your profile page what exactly it is that you do.

Could you, therefore, post more details first?

alston66
alston66
English
TOPIC STARTER
Reply Apr 6, 2006

Evert DELOOF-SYS wrote:

It would certainly help if you could specify which type of insurance you're looking for.
It's also not clear from your profile page what exactly it is that you do.

Could you, therefore, post more details first?

I need health insurance for my kids.. Here in US only.. Do you have any suggestion??

Jessica Klingberg
Jessica Klingberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:13
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Not an expert, but... Apr 6, 2006

A friend of mine here in Florida who also works from home secured health care for her whole family through Humana. I don't know the details, but she seemed very happy with the plan and the rates.

Also, if your total income falls below a certain amount, your children might qualify for state-sponsored health insurance through Medicare (or is it Medicaid?) In the state of Florida, families can can go through the "Community Coordinated Care for Children" offices to apply for such in
... See more
A friend of mine here in Florida who also works from home secured health care for her whole family through Humana. I don't know the details, but she seemed very happy with the plan and the rates.

Also, if your total income falls below a certain amount, your children might qualify for state-sponsored health insurance through Medicare (or is it Medicaid?) In the state of Florida, families can can go through the "Community Coordinated Care for Children" offices to apply for such insurance. Perhaps there is something similar in your state?

Just a couple of ideas...
Collapse

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
depends on which state you live in... Apr 6, 2006

Jessica Klingberg wrote:
Also, if your total income falls below a certain amount, your children might qualify for state-sponsored health insurance through Medicare (or is it Medicaid?)

Yes, it's Medicaid.

General info on state-sponsored health insurance for kids http://www.insurekidsnow.gov

Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:13
English to Swedish
+ ...
Major medical + medical savings account Apr 6, 2006

i need a cheaper insurance for me and my family.

You can get major medical which, as the name implies, will cover major medical treatment. Then, you can couple this with a medical savings account. Or add money to a personal savings account, and get a discount card like www.careentree.com.
Or you can bank on yourself rather than have a bank account: http://www.wtln.com/discovery/news1.html

alston66
alston66
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 7, 2006

Thank you for all of your response to my question. I recently checked out some quotes at http://www.insurancepaylite.com they’ll find an affordable insurance that would best fit my need. They have a couple of companies here so I get to choose and check on premiums. I’ll try out Medicaid. Thank you so much for all your help. I think try your suggestion too.. Thanks again..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice needed re: health insurance

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »