Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:30
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 23, 2006

Dear colleagues,

I would like to add line on my invoices about charging interest and adding a fee for late payment to clients.

How do you formulate it on your invoices?
Grateful for suggestions from other UK translators.

TIA
Anette

Mary Lalevee
Mary Lalevee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
Late payment Apr 23, 2006

I can't remember exactly where I found it, but if you type "late payment" and "UK" in Google, you will find a UK government website with loads of information about what to do and what to say on the invoice.

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found the text Apr 23, 2006

Mary Lalevée wrote:

I can't remember exactly where I found it, but if you type "late payment" and "UK" in Google, you will find a UK government website with loads of information about what to do and what to say on the invoice.

Thank you very much Mary, I used the following, hope it won't put customers off.

We reserve the right to claim statutory interest at 8% above the Bank of England base rate at the date the debt becomes overdue in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998

And for whom it may concern I have had this line for a while, which I have been told you have to have if you want to claim payment from somebody (or it makes it easier)

"This translated/proof read text remains the property of (your name or company name) until all payments have been settled".

Anette

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for sharing this Apr 24, 2006

Hi Anette,

Thanks for sharing this infromation with all of us.

Regards,
Jerónimo

[Edited at 2006-04-24 11:25]

Paz Gomez-Polledo
Paz Gomez-Polledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:30
English to Spanish
Why 8%? and how about for other countries? Apr 24, 2006

>>"We reserve the right to claim statutory interest at 8% above the Bank of England base rate at the date the debt "

Anette Herbert
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Apr 24, 2006

Jerónimo Fernández wrote:

Hi Anette,

Thanks for sharing this infromation with all of us.

Regards,
Jerónimo

[Edited at 2006-04-24 11:25]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Late payment text on invoices in UK

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »