Mobile menu

Freelance Translator Business plan-need advice
Thread poster: delphineb
delphineb
English to French
+ ...
Apr 24, 2006

Hello all,

I am writing a business plan to start my business as a freelance translator and I have no idea where to start. Are there any templates available online or suggestions anyone might have? Any help would be very appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Who is the plan intended for? Apr 25, 2006

delphineb wrote:
I am writing a business plan to start my business as a freelance translator and I have no idea where to start.

Start by asking yourself what would the requirements be of the person who the business plan is intended for. There was a time when it was thought that you ought to have a single curriculum vitae for every job interview, or a single business plan for every type of business application, but that time has come and gone. Tell us who your intended audience is. Start there.

Trevor Butcher
Local time: 00:42
English
Try google Apr 25, 2006

Hi,

Try google, type in: "business plan template"

Include the speech marks to filter out other sites.

Why do you need a business plan, is it to raise finance? Maybe the organization you want finance from can tell you about what they need to know. The country you are preparing it for could make a difference as there are usually some legal requirements that have to be satisfied somewhere along the line.

Trevor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance Translator Business plan-need advice

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs