Thread poster: Graciela Carlyle

Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 3, 2002

Hello everyone,

I have recently registered to receive payments through ProZ.

I live in the UK and all my invoices are issued in GBP.

I would like to know which are the costs of getting payments from within the UK, from Europe and from countries outside Europe, as well as the costs of withrawing money from my ProZ wallet into a UK Bank Account.

In the FAQs there is only a mention about the percentages but not the currency in which it works (I guess it must be USD and within the US).

Thanks in advance,

Grace.

Direct link Reply with quote

USD Sep 3, 2002

All the amounts listed are in USD. Percentages work the same across all currencies, of course, so if there is a commission of 5% on the USD amount, it will be 5% on the GBP as well. When working with credit cards we charge in USD, but how it appears on your statement depends on your credit card processor/bank/country/etc.

As for transfers to and from different regions, all the fees listed in the FAQ apply to all parts of the world equally.

Jason

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ Payments in GBP

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs