Mobile menu

French-to-English translators beware
Thread poster: Sara Freitas

Sara Freitas
Local time: 07:27
French to English
Jul 5, 2006

I am not sure if this posting violates forum rules, if so and the moderators need to squash it, that's fine.

An outsourcer that has been banned from Proz for poor payment practices is contacting translators by email for a large job for Friday.

So far, all I have is a phone number that appears to be a different extension of the numbers they have listed on Proz and a website that doesn't work. I have asked them to send me their full contact details so that I can see if it is in fact the same company. If anyone has been contacted and is considering taking on this job, feel free to contact me and I will give you the information I have.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:27
English to German
+ ...
Updated the BB record Jul 5, 2006

Thanks, Sara,
Your posting is ok as you didn't mention or imply the outsourcer's identity. Based on the details you sent to me privately, I updated the BB record accordingly.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French-to-English translators beware

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs