https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/52634-providing_quality_check_worksheets_and_process_workflow_maps.html

providing quality check worksheets and process workflow maps?!
Thread poster: Eva Middleton
Eva Middleton
Eva Middleton  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:22
German to English
Aug 4, 2006

An agency have contacted me and have sent me their application forms.
They're asking for quality check worksheets and process workflow maps - I do have a vague idea as to what these are, but I've never felt the need to draw them up for myself.
There's another bit in the application form that makes me think the form is aimed at small businesses rather than sole traders - they're also asking for my business model and main operational hubs.......

what do I do???

Wouter van Kampen
Wouter van Kampen
Thailand
Local time: 01:22
Danish to Dutch
+ ...
Tell them that you work on your own Aug 4, 2006

Just explain that your business is a one person operation. If they still insist then they probably are in the process of acquiring a large project and their potential client is enforcing ISO 9001 procedures. In that case their potential client is requiring their business model and not the business model of their suppliers. My feeling is that you are dealing with a broker in translation projects. Stay away from brokers. They are nothing but trouble.

Eva Middleton wrote:

... asking for my business model and main operational hubs.......

what do I do???

Eva Middleton
Eva Middleton  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:22
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
good BB record Aug 4, 2006

Thank you titi,

Good to know about brokers.

I do think/hope that this agency is legitimate though - they have an excellent BB record. I'll proceed with caution though.

I think the fact that my post has had so many hits and just one reply shows that what they're asking for is quite strange....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

providing quality check worksheets and process workflow maps?!

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »