Mobile menu

Project History - what can be included? Clients outside of ProZ.com? (staff: 'yes')
Thread poster: Pundora

Pundora  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:56
English to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 5, 2006

Hello all!! I need your kind help finding an answer whether I can enter the projects I have done in my project history at proz.com or any other suggestions in this regard. I have been working for a few local as well as foreign translation agencies for the past 11 years as a freelance English-Hindi translator. During this period I have done countless projects and in many cases I do not even know the end clients whereas in some of the cases they are obvious. Since the jobs didn't come to me directly I am not sure whether I can enter the projects in my project history(and, I do not know in what form the projects were delivered finally to the end clients). Of the end clients a few have been foreign governments and multinationals. With regard to many projects, I do not have any record except that I remember the end client and the subject matter. The reason is that I was not aware of proz.com or the concept of project history until 2-3 years back.

In the given circumstances, is there any chance/way that I can use the projects tranalated by me to promote myself as a freelance translator? I continue to work the same way and plan to become a proz.com member as soon as I receive my credit card.

Thank you very much in advance.

Pundora

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-05 12:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:26
SITE FOUNDER
Yes - you can enter these Oct 5, 2006

The idea with project histories is that you enter information about past work that you have done that you consider representative of your experience and areas of expertise. Just like you would include past experience in a CV/resume, except that the information is more structured.

You may include projects that were done with clients you met other than through ProZ.com. I think it is possible to enter projects without even specifying a client. When you enter the client and get it corroborated, it just makes the impression stronger on potential clients. That is the intention, anyway.

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 10:26
English to Indonesian
+ ...
It can be done Oct 6, 2006

One of my PH entries is not registered with ProZ.com, but I get corroborated.

Pundora  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:56
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To get projects corroborated. Is that feasible in my case? Oct 6, 2006

Henry wrote:

I think it is possible to enter projects without even specifying a client. When you enter the client and get it corroborated, it just makes the impression stronger on potential clients. That is the intention, anyway.

Thank you very much. Just one querry I actually wanted to find out but didn't ask it properly. How difficult is it to corroborate when I enter the client's name as well? Do I have contact those end clients first? As I said earlier, I didn't receive the the projects directly and it is quite possible that there were more than one agencies between me and the end client.

Otherwise, your other opinion is fine that I may enter the projects without specifying a client.

Kind regards
Pundora

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:26
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Message goes to your client Oct 6, 2006

Dear Pundora,

It is actually a very simple procedure... an e-mail goes to the client and they just have to click on a link and give their opinion.

Only it's your client who confirms a job. And your client is the agency that gave you a particular job. I believe this has been discussed in some other threads in proz.

Hope this is of some help.

Ritu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project History - what can be included? Clients outside of ProZ.com? (staff: 'yes')

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs