Does German courts accept translations from other countries?
Thread poster: Auckland Translations Ltd
Auckland Translations Ltd
New Zealand
Local time: 16:41
English to Chinese
+ ...
Oct 12, 2006

We are a New Zealand translation company, and our certified translations are recognized by New Zealand courts. Now, we have a local client who needs to provide many documents and translations (English into German) to a German court. I wonder if our translations will be accepted, given that it is more practical for the client to have the translations done in New Zealand.

New Zealand authorities seem to recognize translations from other courties, if that translation is recognized i
... See more
We are a New Zealand translation company, and our certified translations are recognized by New Zealand courts. Now, we have a local client who needs to provide many documents and translations (English into German) to a German court. I wonder if our translations will be accepted, given that it is more practical for the client to have the translations done in New Zealand.

New Zealand authorities seem to recognize translations from other courties, if that translation is recognized in its home country. I wonder this is true in Germany. If not, what can we do?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please write your posting in ENGLISH, thanks!

Jimmy Deng

[Edited at 2006-10-12 05:49]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:41
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Oct 12, 2006

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please write your posting in ENGLISH, thanks!

Please note that this is a German-language forum; I will move your topic.

Best regards,
Ralf

New Zealand
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification: This is now the right forum Oct 12, 2006

I would like to clarify this:

I originally posted my question on the German Forum. Ralf thought this forum (business issue forum) was a more suitalbe forum for my question. Therefore he have already moved my question from the German Forum to This Forum.

If you have any information or idea about my original question, please post it here, thank you very much!!

Jimmy Deng

[Edited at 2006-10-12 18:20]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
you are right here pal! Oct 12, 2006

the moderators do too much moving the threads around to maintain clarity of the postings. Now, is the NZ certification somewhat equivalent to the british in a similar situation? Once that is clear then the german issue can be discussed. Best Brandis

erika rubinstein
erika rubinstein  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
It depends Oct 12, 2006

what kinds of papers you are talking about and which clerc you just get. I had some translations of my own papers from Estonia (EU) and some years before they were accepted and this year not.

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Difficult to say Oct 12, 2006

I'd say it very much depends on the court.

I've heard some courts do accept certified translations from other countries, and others don't. It would be best if your client would contact the court and ask whether a NZ-certified translation is alright.

Sonja

New Zealand
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks everyone. Oct 15, 2006

thank you very much everyone!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does German courts accept translations from other countries?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »