accurate computer translation "by 2010"
Thread poster: wallacs2
wallacs2
wallacs2
Local time: 02:21
Japanese to English
Nov 6, 2006

The US is pouring billions of dollars into instant computer translation. While this may be alarming for all of us here, I seriously doubt they can suceed (one of my degrees is computer science, so I have some understanding of the challenge). Unless they can create an computer that can REALLY think, there's just no way.

What is everyo
... See more
The US is pouring billions of dollars into instant computer translation. While this may be alarming for all of us here, I seriously doubt they can suceed (one of my degrees is computer science, so I have some understanding of the challenge). Unless they can create an computer that can REALLY think, there's just no way.

What is everyones' thoughts on this?

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=2631818
Collapse

nadir salim (X)
nadir salim (X)
Türkiye
Local time: 20:21
English to Turkish
+ ...
creepy Nov 10, 2006

I agree with you.

Well, A.I. techniques are getting better but the idea of a machine thinking like human is creepy.

Imagine an Intel based boss running MS windows OS !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

accurate computer translation "by 2010"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »