Off topic: Can you suggest a good accountant (good at freelancer taxes) in or around Montreal?
Thread poster: Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:14
English to French
+ ...
Nov 15, 2006

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for an accountant for consultation to begin with and then maybe for taxes and possibly other services as well.

My finances are going through some changes, probably some major changes (time to get ready for getting established in all areas of life). I have many projects for the coming year and I need advice. As I want everything to turn out great without making any mistakes, I need an accountant who will be able to contribute to my future to
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am looking for an accountant for consultation to begin with and then maybe for taxes and possibly other services as well.

My finances are going through some changes, probably some major changes (time to get ready for getting established in all areas of life). I have many projects for the coming year and I need advice. As I want everything to turn out great without making any mistakes, I need an accountant who will be able to contribute to my future to the max.

With all the wildly varying prices and the huge variety of competencies (some not even worth mentioning while some really excellent), it's hard to find the right person. There are no references in the phonebook, so just picking a name there based on geographic region and the fanciness of the ad is not an option for me.

Can anybody suggest a good accountant in or around Montreal, whose rates are in line with the services they offer? Maybe someone you have experience with and who takes good care of you and your finances?

I anxiously await your replies (and maybe your private e-mails to avoid naming people).

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Erika Pavelka (X)
Erika Pavelka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:14
French to English
Good accountant Nov 15, 2006

My husband and I are both freelancers and we've been going to Lefebvre & Lefebvre on Fleury Est (corner of Christophe-Colomb). Our accountant is Benoît Lefebvre. He's very knowledgeable and laid-back and knows his stuff when it comes to self-employed workers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can you suggest a good accountant (good at freelancer taxes) in or around Montreal?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »