Thread poster: Philip Coucke
Philip Coucke  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:01
Member (2004)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 9, 2006

Hello friends,
As I'm working more and more for direct customers, I would like to work with an order form that this direct customer has to sign to confirm his order.
Since I am not an expert in these matters, I was wondering if someone can help me with a solid but uncomplicated order form. My fax number is 32.56.211.347. It would also help me a lot if you can advise me which clauses can help to saveguard our rights as a translator?
Many thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I am about to design such a form Dec 9, 2006

Hi Philip,

I am about to design such a form, as I also would like a signature from any prospective end customer on a form that is faxed back to me in future. I also have a very clear idea of what type of clauses I would like them to sign. I will send you a copy once I have designed the form. It might take me till about the end of next week.

As a preview, I can tell you that the most important clauses are those concerning price, payment deadlines, overdue interest, reminder fees, etc. Quality is less of an issue with end customers, since many of the ones I have had are not in a position to know the quality of the translation. On this basis, I do not, in general, expect end customers (local individuals or very small businesses) to quibble about terminology, but rather about price.

Astrid

Philip Coucke  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Legal but simple clauses on such a form Dec 9, 2006

Hi Astrid,

Thank you very much in advance Astrid.
It is of course not my aim to copy all this, but just to have a better idea which mentions can be integrated on such a form, so as to have a more legal background when a problem occurs (hopefully never...). I want to establish a rather simple form (so that the direct customer gets not confused), but anyway I think a certain number of data should be on it and I'm not sure about what...
Anyway, if I can help you, for instance, with anything you want to know about the Belgian market, please let me know...
Have a pleasant weekend,

Philip

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Solid order form for direct customers

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs