Thread poster: dmoamin
dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:14
Arabic to English
+ ...
Dec 11, 2006

hi
how would you set up your e-mail on the website? i saw two e-mails squirrelmail and horde mail. i seem to be able to send e-mails from these two but i am unable to receive any e-mails. do i need to set up either one? and how do i do that?
thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
A different way Dec 12, 2006

dmoamin wrote:

hi
how would you set up your e-mail on the website? i saw two e-mails squirrelmail and horde mail. i seem to be able to send e-mails from these two but i am unable to receive any e-mails. do i need to set up either one? and how do i do that?
thanks

Hi,

In Control Panel, instead of going directly to Webmail, go to Mail > Add/Remove/Manage Accounts > Webmail. It did the trick for me.

United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
i did that but i was not so sure how to add or how to remove Dec 12, 2006

Hi
thanks for replying. i did that but i still was not so sure what or how to add or remove one/ what do i need to set up ?
let us say i chose Horde how do i set it up and choose it? how to i delete the other e-mails? do i need to delete them?

Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Adding or removing an account Dec 12, 2006

dmoamin wrote:

i did that

And what happened? Were you able to see your messages?

Horde and Squirrelmail are only Web email clients/interfaces that allow you checking your e-mail on the Web. You can also download your messages on the hard disk using a POP client like Thunderbird or Outlook Express.

As for how to add or remove an account, the [Add Account] and respectively [Delete] buttons are designed for that purpose. You should be able to see them when you go to Mail > Add/Remove/Manage Accounts in the cPanel.

I think the cPanel manual might help you better understand how cPanel works. It can be found at http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpanel/. If you prefer a PDF version, go to www.cpanel.net/docs/pdf/cpanel .

[Edited at 2006-12-12 17:31]

United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no still unable to see them Dec 12, 2006

I can send messeges from those two e-mail services but i cannot receive anything. i sent it to my yahoo e-mail and i got the messege but when i replied back i did not get the e-mail on either one of the two. i feel that there is a need to set up something but i just do not know how or what it is.
thanks for your help

United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
i found it, problem solved thanks for your help Dec 13, 2006

thanks a lot for your help i found the problem, i had to configure my e-mail address. it was right there in front of my eyes. thanks a lot for your help

Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
You're welcome Dec 13, 2006

I'm glad if I could be of some help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

setting up e-mail on your website

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs