Should I provide WWA
Thread poster: Marijke Singer

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:51
Dutch to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2006

A translator who has done a few jobs for me has asked me to provide him with a WWA entry. Needless to say the work was very good.

If I do, does this mean that I have opted in? I do not want to opt in.

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:51
English to French
+ ...
As far as I know, no Dec 15, 2006

I have entered a WWA for a freelancer who has worked for us (I'm in-house) and I didn't have to opt-in!

Edit: now that I think of it, I think I filled out an entry for the Project History, not the WWA... Sorry, I got confused!!

[Edited at 2006-12-15 07:54]

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 09:51
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Right Dec 15, 2006

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

I have entered a WWA for a freelancer who has worked for us (I'm in-house) and I didn't have to opt-in!

Just to confirm what Marie said:

"Remember, it is possible to enter "I choose not to enter this information" for most of the "required" items. When this is entered, the system regards the profile as "complete". (Henry, the site founder)

Good luck.

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Talk to translator Dec 16, 2006

Marijke wrote:

A translator who has done a few jobs for me has asked me to provide him with a WWA entry. Needless to say the work was very good.

If I do, does this mean that I have opted in? I do not want to opt in.

I feel the same, I have no interest in obtaining or providing WWA entries. I did do one, but only for someone I would swear by (one of two close colleagues, tried and trusted over many years).

I think you should talk to the translator and give him your opinion. See what he/she says, and decide accordingly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should I provide WWA

Advanced search

Translation news

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs