Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 01:51
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 13, 2002

From Fita:

In the early days of the Internet, I interviewed a business researcher who said the Net would never be a useful tool for his profession, because the information on it was too unreliable.

These days you can\'t afford not to use the Internet in your research, because there is so much information out there, and some of it is surprisingly good.

There\'s an excellent guide to using the Net for business research at the Industry Research Desk at
... See more
From Fita:

In the early days of the Internet, I interviewed a business researcher who said the Net would never be a useful tool for his profession, because the information on it was too unreliable.

These days you can\'t afford not to use the Internet in your research, because there is so much information out there, and some of it is surprisingly good.

There\'s an excellent guide to using the Net for business research at the Industry Research Desk at

http://www.virtualpet.com/industry

This site, created by researcher Gary Polson, has a step-by-step guide that will show you exactly how to find sources, both in print and online.

He shows you information-rich sites that will give you the inside scoop on companies, industries, etc., worldwide. He also has links to the best search engines, address and phone number finders, package tracking sites, maps, and more.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-13 13:04 ]
Collapse

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
link ? Nov 13, 2002

in my case, the link works in first instance

only without \"industry\"

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just changed it Nov 13, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-11-13 13:03, HenkPeelen wrote:

in my case, the link works in first instance

only without \"industry\"

The dot at the end caused the havoc - I just deleted it and successfully tried the link
[addsig]

RHELLER
RHELLER
United States
Local time: 18:51
French to English
+ ...
thanks Evert Nov 13, 2002

Great link!
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Industry/Business Research Deck

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »