Thread poster: Hipyan Nopri

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 03:55
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Jan 30, 2007

Hello Fellow Translators,

Now, I am considering of posting my translation services ad at Yellow Pages. It is interesting to post an ad at the phone book directory because there are numerous subscribers listed there, particularly those in the capital city (Jakarta, in my case). In addition, the advertisement will be there for one full year.

Unfortunately, this would be my first ad so I do not know if it is effective or not.

Thus, through this forum I would like to know if you have this experience. Is it really effective to post an ad at Yellow Pages?

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

[Edited at 2007-01-30 08:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Hermawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
Boleh aja da..tapi Jan 30, 2007

Hipyan Nopri wrote:

Hello Fellow Translators,

Now, I am considering of posting my translation services ad at Yellow Pages. It is interesting to post an ad at the phone book directory because there are numerous subscribers listed there, particularly those in the capital city (Jakarta, in my case). In addition, the advertisement will be there for one full year.

Unfortunately, this would be my first ad so I don not know if it is effective or not.

Thus, through this forum I would like to know if you have this experience. Is it really effective to post an ad at Yellow Pages?

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Da, aku senang lihat ente aktif dengan promosi, aku acungi jempol!

Great if you would like to consider advertising think also of the audience. It would be better if you advertise just like what you've been doing in the newspaper. It was good.

Anyway, hope things turn out the way you wanna it.

Cheers Da...

Rahmat Rahmat, Ph.D.
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Yellow Pages Jakarta Jan 30, 2007

Dear Hipyan Nopri,

Very good idea!

Apa ada informasi total biaya pasang iklan di buku kuning?
Kalo ada bagi bagi donk, saya juga mau pasang iklan besar.
Memang Jakarta adalah target utama, kemudian disusul Surabaya dan Batam. Pusing mempertimbangkan total harga.
Saya sudah coba secara online, tapi tidak ada info harga.
www.yellowpages.co.id

BTW please look at my ad in ATA Chronicle p. 21 (January 2007).
(ATA=American Translators Association, USA)

Good Luck,

Rahmat

Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Harry and Rahmat Jan 30, 2007

Thank you very much for your support.

To Harry: I hope that potential clients will respond as well as my previous ads at the newspapers. Congratulations for your acquiring Trados recently.

To Rahmat: I have been provided with a booklet of lists of ad prices. For Yellow Pages Jakarta Belanja, the directory will be published in May and the payment should be made in the next end of February at the latest. Some quoted lists are as follows (of course, it is not practical to post them all, Mat.:):)).

1. Listing Ad Regular Directory Jakarta:
a. Bold Type Rp116,000
b. Bold Type 1 inch Rp385,000
c. Bold Type 1.5 inch Rp501,000
d. Bold Type 2 inch Rp558,000
2. Full Page (20.2 cm x 24.9 cm) Jakarta:
Rp10,315,000
3. Triple Column Jakarta (12 cm x 24.9 cm):
Rp7,200,000
3. Double Column (7.9 cm x 24.9 cm) Jakarta:
Rp5,000,000
4. Half Page (20.2 cm x 12.3 cm) Jakarta:
Rp6,575,000
5. Triple Half Column (12 cm x 12.3 cm) Jakarta:
Rp3,620,000
6. Double Half Column (7.9 cm x 12.3 cm) Jakarta:
Rp2,910,000
7. Triple Quarter Column (12 cm x 6 cm) Jakarta:
Rp1,815,000
8. Double Quarter Column (7.9 cm x 6 cm) Jakarta:
Rp1,460,000
9. Single Half Column (3.8 cm x 12 cm) Jakarta:
Rp1,360,000
10. Single Quarter Column (3.8 cm x 6 cm) Jakarta:
Rp728,000

P.S.: The prices are stated per month, excluding 10% VAT, payment made per year, and they are for Black and White ads.
To Rahmat: How to get the ATA chronicle, is it free and downloadable online?

I hope the information would be useful to you.

[Edited at 2007-01-30 09:50]

[Edited at 2007-01-30 09:52]

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 22:55
English to Dutch
+ ...
Just a friendly reminder Jan 30, 2007

May I kindly ask you to use English as a working language in this forum?

Many anticipated thanks,

Evert Deloof-Sys
ProZ.com Moderator

Sp and Fr to En  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:55
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Be prepared for lots of CVs from translators. Jan 30, 2007

Be prepared for lots of CVs from translators.

Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You Jan 30, 2007

very much for reminding me, Evert. I will revise it soon.

Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Precious Information Jan 30, 2007

Carlos Alvarez wrote:

Be prepared for lots of CVs from translators.

Hi Carlos,

Yes, it may be an annoying effect of posting ad at the Yellow Pages. However, as an anticipation to this possibility, I will state in the ad that I am a freelance translator.

Thanks for your input.

Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:25
English to Hindi
+ ...
ATA Chronicle Jan 30, 2007

Why not take out a membership to the ATA [American Translators Association] and then advertise in the ATA Chronicle?

Roomy

Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
An Interesting Idea Jan 30, 2007

Hi Roomy,

It is a great idea to be a member of the ATA and advertise at the chronicle. Actually, I am interested in advertising at various media - this site, Yellow Pages Jakarta, and the ATA. To me, promotion is the most important thing to get new clients.

Through this forum, I want to gather as much information as possible from fellow translators.

Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:25
German to English
Least effective Jan 30, 2007

Hi Hipyan,

I've been advertising in a yellow pages directory in Delhi for many years now and I would say that it's the least effective way of promoting your services. As Carlos has already pointed out, I get more calls through the yellow pages from young translators interested in work than from prospective clients. I think that having a profile on websites such as ProZ.com or your own website are much better marketing tools, however I still keep advertising in the yellow pages directory as an alternative.

Best regards,
Niraja

Rahmat Rahmat, Ph.D.
English to Indonesian
+ ...
The ATA Chronicle Jan 30, 2007

Hipyan Nopri wrote:

To Rahmat: I have been provided with a booklet of lists of ad prices. For Yellow Pages Jakarta Belanja, the directory will be published in May and the payment should be made in the next end of February at the latest. Some quoted lists are as follows (of course, it is not practical to post them all, Mat.:):)).

How to get the ATA chronicle, is it free and downloadable online?

I hope the information would be useful to you.

[Edited at 2007-01-30 09:50]

[Edited at 2007-01-30 09:52]

Hipyan,

The ATA Chronicle is the association's monthly magazine. It is published 11 times a year (with a combined November/December issue), and contains feature articles, announcements, reviews, and association news. It is included in the price of membership and is available to non-members by subscription ($50 per year in the U.S.; $75 per year in Canada and Mexico; and $95 per year in all other countries).

http://www.atanet.org/chronicle/

Terimakasih atas info lengkapnya.

Rahmat
Member of ATA

Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A Good Reminder Jan 30, 2007

Hi Niraja,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Certainly, your input will be an important factor in my consideration before deciding to advertise at the Yellow Pages.

Indeed, this ad is targeted to the potential domestic clients given the fact that numerous people are not familiar with the Internet yet. Every time I click the visitors tab, it shows that the vast majority of my profile visitors come from abroad; only a few of them are from Indonesia. In addition, my ads at the newspapers earlier result in satisfactory responses from the clients.

For international clients, I will focus on this site, and then if possible on the ATA.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advertising at Yellow Pages

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs