Mobile menu

Paypal account.
Thread poster: georgina singh

georgina singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:54
Tamil to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2007

Once I open a Paypal account, whats the next best thing I should do?

When money comes into my account how can I have access to it?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:24
Member
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check the Help Center at paypal.com Feb 13, 2007

Hi Georgina,

May I suggest you go to the Paypal Help Center at www.paypal.com?

Any and all questions regarding Paypal are answered there.

Good luck,

Evert


Direct link Reply with quote
 

georgina singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:54
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Evert. Feb 13, 2007

I could have very well done that, but the thing is I have a little problem there.

The money for my work had gone into my account and I was notified of the same. When I wanted to withdraw an amount, it said - sorry, your payment has been reversed.

Now what does that mean? I think I might not have furnished the right details etc. Since I am new to this system and don't know anything about it, I want to clear my doubts.

Kindly put me in the way please.

Best regards,

Georgina.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:24
Member
English to Dutch
+ ...
PayPal Customer Service Feb 13, 2007

Once again, I suggest you first check the Help Center.
If your question is not listed there or you can't find an answer, simply contact the Paypal Customer Service and explain your situation.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us

FYI: Paypal has been answering some queries I had in the past, so they actually do 'listen'.

Best regards,

Evert


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:24
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
did you actually accept the payment? Feb 13, 2007

Hi Georgina,

First of all, so far I have only accepted money on my PayPal account. I have never sent them to anybody yet. So I do not know exactly how it works from the other side (sender's).
BUT: I know that when the money arrives to my account, I usually receive a message asking whether I accept them or not. This is also limited to a certain period, f.e. one week. I have to accept / confirm the receipt the money and only then I can withdraw them. So, from what you wrote I believe you probably missed the period during which you could "accept" the money.

I suggest you two things: contact the sender and ask him whether he received the money back and if he/she did, then ask him to re-send them. Also, contact the PayPal staff and ask them what actually happened. They might be of bigger help than our suggetsions.

I hope things will be solved soon.

Veronika


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxBrandis
Local time: 13:24
English to German
+ ...
type of account you have Feb 13, 2007

Hello Georgina,

Many things are easier if you have a premium business account, secondly if you supply the system with a credit card, like visa or master, and the address you give should not acceed certain string length (many limitations here). Then there would be an account validation procedure, that is, when you submit your credit or debit card information, paypal charges with a credit and a debit of some small amount, just to see whether the account is operable. These transactions normally bear a 4 digit number and you have to reenter this number in the paypal system to validate your account. After that you can withdraw. The system generates a US cheque and ship to your address given in your profile, this normally takes about 7-10 days, then submit the cheque to your banker (cheque validity is 45 days or 90 days, this can vary) Your withdrawn funds will be remitted to your account within or not less than 21 days after submission to your banker. Best Brandis


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Capesha  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:24
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
did you accept? Feb 13, 2007

Dear Georgina,

if you got an email with information, that money has been booked onto your PayPal account, it is necessary to click the link, go to your PayPal account and "accept" the payment. Only then it will appear on your account as an incoming value.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

georgina singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:54
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Capesha. Feb 14, 2007

Capesha wrote:

Dear Georgina,

if you got an email with information, that money has been booked onto your PayPal account, it is necessary to click the link, go to your PayPal account and "accept" the payment. Only then it will appear on your account as an incoming value.


At first I got an E.mail saying the funds have come into my account. I went to my paypal account and also clicked on "accept". Immediately I got a message saying sorry your funds have been reversed- I don't know for what reason. I think it might be due to my Debit card. I have to still check that. Thank you so much Capesha.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

georgina singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:54
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Brandis. Feb 14, 2007

Brandis wrote:

Hello Georgina,

Many things are easier if you have a premium business account, secondly if you supply the system with a credit card, like visa or master, and the address you give should not acceed certain string length (many limitations here). Then there would be an account validation procedure, that is, when you submit your credit or debit card information, paypal charges with a credit and a debit of some small amount, just to see whether the account is operable. These transactions normally bear a 4 digit number and you have to reenter this number in the paypal system to validate your account. After that you can withdraw. The system generates a US cheque and ship to your address given in your profile, this normally takes about 7-10 days, then submit the cheque to your banker (cheque validity is 45 days or 90 days, this can vary) Your withdrawn funds will be remitted to your account within or not less than 21 days after submission to your banker. Best Brandis


Thanks for the detailed description of procedures at Paypal. It really helped to get my view in the right perspective, so I am going to call the Paypal people and find out the reason. I used a Debit card and not a credit card.(they said you could use a debit card too)Thanks anyway for your sound advice.

Best regards,

Georgina.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

georgina singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:54
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Evert, Feb 14, 2007

I think I'll go with your advice and get in touch with Paypal.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Best Regards,

Georgina.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

georgina singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:54
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much Veronika. Feb 14, 2007

Veronika Masopustová wrote:

Hi Georgina,

First of all, so far I have only accepted money on my PayPal account. I have never sent them to anybody yet. So I do not know exactly how it works from the other side (sender's).
BUT: I know that when the money arrives to my account, I usually receive a message asking whether I accept them or not. This is also limited to a certain period, f.e. one week. I have to accept / confirm the receipt the money and only then I can withdraw them. So, from what you wrote I believe you probably missed the period during which you could "accept" the money.

I suggest you two things: contact the sender and ask him whether he received the money back and if he/she did, then ask him to re-send them. Also, contact the PayPal staff and ask them what actually happened. They might be of bigger help than our suggetsions.

I hope things will be solved soon.

Veronika


I think I'll follow what you said. I will get in touch with the sender and ask him if he has received the money back and I will also get in touch with Paypal.

Thank you for your advice.

Luv,
Georgina.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal account.

Advanced search


Translation news





LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs