Work placement report
Thread poster: translator15
translator15
translator15
English to Polish
Apr 6, 2007

I am M.A. Applied translation student.I am doing my work placement at the the translation agency and need to write a report on organization of the agency, tasks etc.I'm not sure how to do it.Can someone help?

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
personal observation - brainstorm Apr 6, 2007

translator15 wrote:

I am M.A. Applied translation student.I am doing my work placement at the the translation agency and need to write a report on organization of the agency, tasks etc.I'm not sure how to do it.Can someone help?

This is quite personal, basically you have to take a blank sheet of paper and write down all things good and bad about your experience, then order them into similar ideas and write your report.

You have mentioned just 2 items:

a) organisation:
good, bad, fabulous, awful? why? what could be improved? examples of what has gone wrong and analysis of why, what aspects/levels of organisation are there (outsourcsers, clients, in-house team)

b) tasks
list of different tasks, who does them and why, which ones require more/less training/expertise, etc

HTH:-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work placement report

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »