Mobile menu

Creating an agreement for a children's lit. trans.
Thread poster: Juliana Brown

Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:21
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 19, 2007

Does anyone know of a site where I could find model contracts, or agreements to send a client for whom I am about to begin a fairly children's lit. translation? It will be a straightforward payment, rather than later revenues, due to a number of issues.
Also, if anyone has their own really good agreement and would not mind sending me the template, I would be grateful!
Finally, not to get too picky now, but if there are any Hebrew-English translators who can offer any of the above advice, it would be particularly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marsha Way  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Check this one out May 20, 2007

I find it very complete, although it has clauses about royalties, copyright, things like that, which as I understand it are things you don´t want. But for a reason it is called a "model" contract- you can use the parts you want, change the parts you need to.
It is from Pen.org
Hope it helps!
http://www.pen.org/page.php/prmID/322

Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:21
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Marsha May 20, 2007

it's definitely the type of thing I was looking for...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating an agreement for a children's lit. trans.

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs