Lower rates for larger volumes
Thread poster: Marion van Venrooij-Rooijmans
lingomania
lingomania
Local time: 16:45
Italian to English
I'm afraid May 27, 2007

Danae Ferri wrote:

I applied to a company that was looking for Spanish into Greek translators, they asked me to send them my CV and they immediately wanted me to translate for them. They also kindly informed me that the price was of 0,02 Euros gross!! Of course I refused to do it, explaining to them that this was far less than what I charge. They argued that they count on the volume of the translation.. But you know what's even worse? I'm sure that they found someone who accepted, as always..

I'm afraid these agencies will work forever because there always seems to be someone who accepts. Like in every sector of work, "undercutting" is a negative factor for the whole professional commumity.Generally, I don't give discounts and adopt the "if its a huge company with over 15 employees, go high..." policy. With students I might have to lower the rates a little or refuse anyway because they won't accept.

Rob

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lower rates for larger volumes

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »