Thread poster: Marion Rooijmans

Marion Rooijmans
Netherlands
Local time: 10:22
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 22, 2007

Dear colleagues,

Yesterday, I received an email from an outsourcer for whom I've never worked before and who asked me if I would be interested in their in-house jobs that last a few months. According to the friendly lady who emailed me, they send translators to work in their client's offices in Europe several times per year. These projects usually last 3 or 4 months, it depends on each one. I had a look at their website and noticed they have done a lot of projects that I sure wouldn't have minded working on.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with similar projects? How do you keep other clients happy during your time in-house? Will the Dutch tax office still see me as an "entrepreneur"?

Thanks.
Marion

Direct link Reply with quote

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Be careful Jun 22, 2007

The Tax office is going to keep a close eye on a situation like this. You'll probably need a VAR, at least. I'd check with the Belastingdienst, if I were you.

Best,
Margreet

Buck
Netherlands
Member (2007)
Dutch to English
I should be so lucky Jun 23, 2007

It sounds like a nice opportunity to me!! I think your tax worries will be minor as long as you are working in the EU.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In-house projects that last a few months

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs