Thread poster: Chinmayi Sripada
Chinmayi Sripada
Chinmayi Sripada
Local time: 05:48
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
REPLY TO: Sandhya Aug 1, 2007

You misunderstand.. I said, a lot of Indian translation companies, I know for a fact, do not make a table profit in several cases. I did not say anything about quality issues!! I sincerely do not understand how you understood this as a quality issue. The agencies I know have foregone their profit in several cases when they have had to pay two three times for the same assignment, for which their end client was unable to pay. Hope I am clear. It was not a question of adhering to standards but fore... See more
You misunderstand.. I said, a lot of Indian translation companies, I know for a fact, do not make a table profit in several cases. I did not say anything about quality issues!! I sincerely do not understand how you understood this as a quality issue. The agencies I know have foregone their profit in several cases when they have had to pay two three times for the same assignment, for which their end client was unable to pay. Hope I am clear. It was not a question of adhering to standards but foregoing money and placing work ethics first.Collapse

Chinmayi Sripada
Chinmayi Sripada
Local time: 05:48
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply To: Mr urray Aug 1, 2007

I have made a note of what you said as well Mr Murray.

Thank you for replying to everything in detail. And yes, I accept that a mistake has happened this time from my side as an agency, and it will be the first and the last time. Everyone makes mistakes and I hope to learn and not repeat it!

islander1974
islander1974
Canada
French to English
+ ...
Cautionary tale Aug 6, 2007

Thanks for sharing! Always proofread your documents before sending them onward to the client... and educate them & yourself about unrealistic daily word counts. Don't beat yourself up too hard - you have a good Blue Board reputation except for this instance. Learn, resolve the matter, and move on.

[Edited at 2007-08-06 09:10]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment Issues - With regard to the client

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »