German to English
Feb 21, 2003

[ This Message was edited by: ronjon on 2003-03-20 14:40]

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 08:07
Flemish to English
+ ...
not 100% sure but.... Feb 21, 2003

if the terms within a purchase order are not agreed beforehand, then i don\'t consider it to be binding. if i receive the PO after i have started the job, and find something objectionable, then i will let the client know.

if no agreement has been made, i apply the European Late Payments Directive, which allows you to set the payment terms at 30 days.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-21 17:57]

English to German
+ ...
P/O Mar 5, 2003

I don\'t think P/Os sent after the fact would hold water in a court of law. In most countries, any written messages (or oral agreement, if a witness or recording is present) would be valid as a purchase contract, if the messages show both parties agreed and the buyer gives the final go-ahead. I assume that with services it is the same as with merchandise, in international trading an order and a confirmation (of the order) are a valid contract. If you have many such clients, you can prevent that by issuing a P/I (Proforma Invoice) stating service content with your conditions and have them sign it back. This is binding and they should be in breach of contract in many countries, if they do not observe conditions they accepted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs