Gina Ferlisi
Italy
Local time: 10:56
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 29, 2007

Hello,

I just got a mail from one of my new American agency, i have an on going contract with them, they have asked me to fill in the W9 form for closing their end of year tax information, however i live in Italy and i am not American but English/italian, therefore i do not have a USA Tax number , does any one know what to do in these cases, i wrote back to the agency explaining my situation, If we are italian and live in Italy must we fill in these complicated american tax forms? any suggestions,

Happy New year to all the Proz Members and Non

Direct link Reply with quote

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
W8 for non American translators not W9 Dec 29, 2007

gina ferlisi wrote:

Hello,

I just got a mail from one of my new American agency, i have an on going contract with them, they have asked me to fill in the W9 form for closing their end of year tax information, however i live in Italy and i am not American but English/italian, therefore i do not have a USA Tax number , does any one know what to do in these cases, i wrote back to the agency explaining my situation, If we are italian and live in Italy must we fill in these complicated american tax forms? any suggestions,

Happy New year to all the Proz Members and Non

This form is useful for their business, but it is W8, (W9 is for American citizens)
I think you should inform that agency that they have to send you the W8 form.

Then, If you need to see the W8 filled by me please send me an email via profile.
I didn't find it complicated.

Happy new year!

[Edited at 2007-12-29 09:19]

Gina Ferlisi
Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Dec 29, 2007

Thanks for your help , i will let you know if i need help, happy new year . gina

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
May be this can help (W8) Dec 29, 2007

W-8BEN

Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner
for United States Tax Withholding
_ See separate instructions.
_ Give this form to the withholding agent or payer. Do not send to the IRS.
OMB No. 1545-1621
Do not use this form for:
● A U.S. citizen or other U.S. person, including a resident alien individual, instead use W9

● A foreign partnership, a foreign simple trust, or a foreign grantor trust (see instructions for exceptions) W-8ECI or W-8IMY
● A foreign government, international organization, foreign central bank of issue, foreign tax-exempt organization,
foreign private foundation, or government of a U.S. possession that received effectively connected income or that is
claiming the applicability of section(s) 115(2), 501(c), 892, 895, or 1443(b) (see instructions) W-8ECI or W-8EXP
● A person acting as an intermediary W-8IMY
● A person claiming an exemption from U.S. withholding on income effectively connected with the conduct
of a trade or business in the United States W-8ECI
Part I

[Edited at 2007-12-29 13:44]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

W9 form for italian translators

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs