Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:31
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 4, 2008

Hi all.

This question is more for those people who outsource translations or work at an agency. I am researching possible software to help manage my long list of vendors. I'd prefer something that's got fields that are somewhat customizable, so I can put in specialties, rates, etc etc etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what I might look at?

Best,
Sandra

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:31
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I use Projetex Feb 4, 2008

And I find it very helpful. You can have a look at: www.projetex.com

Kind Regards

Stanislaw

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 10:31
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com Connect has vendor management tools Feb 5, 2008

Sandra Alboum wrote:
This question is more for those people who outsource translations or work at an agency. I am researching possible software to help manage my long list of vendors. I'd prefer something that's got fields that are somewhat customizable, so I can put in specialties, rates, etc etc etc.

Hi Sandra,

ProZ.com Connect has some basic vendor management features, including support for custom fields. We're also working on some new vendor management tools to be released later this month that will help you keep your data up-to-date semi-automatically, and make it easier to track vendor availability. Your corporate membership includes access to these features. You can try them out here: http://proz.com/connect/vendors

We are actively developing these vendor management features, and we'd be happy to add any features you're missing. We'll follow up with you directly to discuss your needs in more detail.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Database for managing translators

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »