Going platinum!
Thread poster: Dennis Oskolkov (X)
Dennis Oskolkov (X)
Dennis Oskolkov (X)  Identity Verified
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 27, 2003

Dear collegues,

I want to go platinum but find it difficult to understand the fill-in form on the site for wire transfer: it says: print this page and send it...(adress)Does this mean that I should pay 120$ by wire-transfer (go to a local bank, pay bucks etc.) and then send this fill-in form page by regular mail?

I mean,Im from russia, and it will take months till it reaches the US by regular mail.

Can I send it via e-mail?

Please, share your e
... See more
Dear collegues,

I want to go platinum but find it difficult to understand the fill-in form on the site for wire transfer: it says: print this page and send it...(adress)Does this mean that I should pay 120$ by wire-transfer (go to a local bank, pay bucks etc.) and then send this fill-in form page by regular mail?

I mean,Im from russia, and it will take months till it reaches the US by regular mail.

Can I send it via e-mail?

Please, share your experience.

Thank you!
Collapse

Marta Goc
Marta Goc  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:00
Polish to English
+ ...
You can fax the wire information to ProZ.com too! Mar 27, 2003

Please complete the transaction at your bank and send us the requested form and the wire receipt to ProZ.com. You can send it via regular mail, fax it to 240-465-0660 or email a scanned image to [email protected].

Thank you.

Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
Local time: 06:00
English to Italian
+ ...
Payment in Euro Mar 27, 2003

Is it possible, or will it ever be possible to pay in Euro for Platinum membership?

Thank you,

Carla

Marisapad
Marisapad  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Why don't you pay by credit card? Mar 27, 2003

Sorry, I saw that you wrote \"... the fill-in form on the site for wire transfer...\" so you probably already decided to pay by wire transfer.

In my humble opinion, however, by credit card you should have less Bank charges and commission and also the Dollar exchange rate should be better.

If you have a credit card I think you can use it to this purpose.

It\'s the second year I\'m paying my Platinum Membership by credit card and it had no negati
... See more
Sorry, I saw that you wrote \"... the fill-in form on the site for wire transfer...\" so you probably already decided to pay by wire transfer.

In my humble opinion, however, by credit card you should have less Bank charges and commission and also the Dollar exchange rate should be better.

If you have a credit card I think you can use it to this purpose.

It\'s the second year I\'m paying my Platinum Membership by credit card and it had no negative sides!

Best

Marisa
Collapse

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:00
Italian to English
+ ...
standard delay when upgrading via Paypal? Mar 28, 2003

Hi all,

Just wondering what the standard delay is for upgrading via Paypal and whether it could be stated on the upgrade page...? I made a payment on Tuesday evening and haven\'t been upgraded yet.

On the Platinum page it states that you should \"allow 1-2 weeks for checks or wire transfers to be processed\" but says nothing about Paypal.

Looking forward to the upgrade!

Regards,<
... See more
Hi all,

Just wondering what the standard delay is for upgrading via Paypal and whether it could be stated on the upgrade page...? I made a payment on Tuesday evening and haven\'t been upgraded yet.

On the Platinum page it states that you should \"allow 1-2 weeks for checks or wire transfers to be processed\" but says nothing about Paypal.

Looking forward to the upgrade!

Regards,

Amy

Collapse

Giovanna Graziani
Giovanna Graziani  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
agree with Marisa! Mar 28, 2003

If you do not want to insert your credit card details into the Internet, you can fax them to the staff. I paid my membership in this way and it worked quickly and smoothly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Going platinum!

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »