Mobile menu

CAT tool for text contents of SOLID EDGE (Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software) documents?
Thread poster: Peter Hindt

Peter Hindt
Local time: 18:07
German to English
+ ...
Mar 25, 2008

Does anyone know of a program which can be used to translate text contents of Solid Edge documents? Solid Edge is developed by Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software - see

I was wondering whether Trados / Wordfast etc can translate these type of documents or if there is another program which can be used for computer-aided translation (not machine translations!). The target/source languages are German-Greek.

Alternately, a program to translate AutoCAD DXF/DWG, IGES files would be required...

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me solve this problem!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:07
English to German
Please send sample file Mar 25, 2008

Hi Peter,

can you send a sample file to, please?

Then I will check if MetaTexis can easily be adapted to handle Solid Edge documents.

Best regards

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT tool for text contents of SOLID EDGE (Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software) documents?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs