https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/100514-cat_tool_for_text_contents_of_solid_edge_siemens_product_lifecycle_management_software_documents.html

CAT tool for text contents of SOLID EDGE (Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software) documents?
Thread poster: Peter Hindt
Peter Hindt
Peter Hindt
Austria
Local time: 06:21
German to English
+ ...
Mar 25, 2008

Does anyone know of a program which can be used to translate text contents of Solid Edge documents? Solid Edge is developed by Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software - see www.siemens.com/plm

I was wondering whether Trados / Wordfast etc can translate these type of documents or if there is another program which can be used for computer-aided translation (not machine translations!). The targ
... See more
Does anyone know of a program which can be used to translate text contents of Solid Edge documents? Solid Edge is developed by Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software - see www.siemens.com/plm

I was wondering whether Trados / Wordfast etc can translate these type of documents or if there is another program which can be used for computer-aided translation (not machine translations!). The target/source languages are German-Greek.

Alternately, a program to translate AutoCAD DXF/DWG, IGES files would be required...

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me solve this problem!!!
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:21
English to German
Please send sample file Mar 25, 2008

Hi Peter,

can you send a sample file to [email protected], please?

Then I will check if MetaTexis can easily be adapted to handle Solid Edge documents.

Best regards
Hermann

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT tool for text contents of SOLID EDGE (Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software) documents?

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »