Translatable content in this segment
Thread poster: shibeebee
shibeebee
shibeebee
Local time: 10:59
English to Chinese
Apr 8, 2008

Hi,
Could anybody tell me the translatable content in the below segment? Especially those content among tags. Thanks in advance.

You use the {\cs6\f1\cf6\lang1024 <:v "Cisco<:hs>Unity Assistant" 2>} web tool to specify what information {\cs6\f1\cf6\lang1024 <:v "Connection" 3>} plays about a message and the message sender before and after playing messages.

Beebee

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:59
German to Spanish
+ ...
Translatable text Apr 8, 2008

I guess you only need to translate translatable text, but not quite sure. That is:

You use the web tool to specify what information plays about a message and the message sender before and after playing messages.

Can you tell me with wich tool this text been has wrotten? Or with wich CAT tool it has been processed? TIA

shibeebee
shibeebee
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
it is from tmx file Apr 9, 2008

This is a segment of a tmx file, which comes from Trados.
Currently I want to import this tmx file to Idiom WorldServer, however, the content I got in the WorldServer is

You use the Unity Assistant" 2> web tool to specify what information plays about a message and the message sender before and after playing messages.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Probably segment coming from S-Tagger file Apr 9, 2008

This segment probably comes from S-Tagger file. Both v: elements were probably displayed as internal tags (v: tag is the one to mark the variable inserted in text in FrameMaker file). The content of v: tag cannot be translated – it will be substituted by FrameMaker.

shibeebee
shibeebee
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Is there any document describing the tags like v: tag in FrameMaker? Apr 10, 2008

Hi, Wojciech
Thanks so much. It is a reasonable explanation about this issue. And, this is my first time to hear S-tagger file, FrameMaker and v: tag. I just want to learn much more about them. Is there any document about these? Especially about the tags like v: in FrameMaker.

Beebee

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
PDF file Apr 10, 2008

The document is called File Formats Reference Guide and is a part of Trados documentation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translatable content in this segment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »