Mobile menu

Import Trados to MetaTexis -- .tmx? .txt?
Thread poster: Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.

Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:36
Chinese to English
+ ...
Apr 21, 2003

I have the MetaTexis version from ProZ, and I want to import my Trados 5.5 freelance TMs into it. One is quite large (50,000+ TUs). I can\'t get it to import. I have exported it from Trados both in .tmx and .txt format, but I seem to get one \"super-field\" only when I try to import it into MetaTexis, and it only seems to show one TU. The file size is also quite small to reflect all those TUs. Can somebody give me a hint as to what I\'m doing wrong? Maybe it\'s a Trados export issue...? I thought MetaTexis would import Trados TMs directly without exporting them from Trados first, but they don\'t show up on the list when that folder is chosen.

Direct link Reply with quote

Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:36
English to German
Please send sample file to support address Apr 21, 2003

Hi Terry,

I\'m sorry that MetaTexis has problems importing TRADOS databases. Maybe, there is a bug.

Would you mind to send me a sample TRADOS database (both native and exported one)? I will then be able to reproduce any bugs.

This is the support addess:

Best regards

Hermann Bruns (developer of MetaTexis)

Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:36
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thanks, I sure will! Apr 21, 2003

Thanks for your reply. I\'m sure it\'s something I\'m doing wrong, or something simple. But I\'ll send you a sample

The weird thing is that I *did* manage to import a smaller TM successfully. I wonder if it\'s because the larger TM has been created over so many versions of Trados, or because it\'s ZH>EN and there might be coding problems....? Anyway, I\'ll send you a sample (which will probably work just fine, just like when you take your car to the shop and it stops making that weird noise!)

I like the tool very much and want to make a final recommendation to the company I\'m consulting for that they use it exclusively, but we have to lick this import/export thing first. I\'m sure we will with your help.

Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import Trados to MetaTexis -- .tmx? .txt?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs