Import Trados to MetaTexis -- .tmx? .txt?
Thread poster: Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
Chinese to English
+ ...
Apr 21, 2003

Hi,

I have the MetaTexis version from ProZ, and I want to import my Trados 5.5 freelance TMs into it. One is quite large (50,000+ TUs). I can\'t get it to import. I have exported it from Trados both in .tmx and .txt format, but I seem to get one \"super-field\" only when I try to import it into MetaTexis, and it only seems to show one TU. The file size is also quite small to reflect all those TUs. Can somebody give me a hint as to what I\'m doing wrong? Maybe it\'s a Trados export issu
... See more
Hi,

I have the MetaTexis version from ProZ, and I want to import my Trados 5.5 freelance TMs into it. One is quite large (50,000+ TUs). I can\'t get it to import. I have exported it from Trados both in .tmx and .txt format, but I seem to get one \"super-field\" only when I try to import it into MetaTexis, and it only seems to show one TU. The file size is also quite small to reflect all those TUs. Can somebody give me a hint as to what I\'m doing wrong? Maybe it\'s a Trados export issue...? I thought MetaTexis would import Trados TMs directly without exporting them from Trados first, but they don\'t show up on the list when that folder is chosen.
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:00
English to German
Please send sample file to support address Apr 21, 2003

Hi Terry,

I\'m sorry that MetaTexis has problems importing TRADOS databases. Maybe, there is a bug.

Would you mind to send me a sample TRADOS database (both native and exported one)? I will then be able to reproduce any bugs.

This is the support addess: [email protected]

Best regards

Hermann Bruns (developer of MetaTexis)

Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, I sure will! Apr 21, 2003

Thanks for your reply. I\'m sure it\'s something I\'m doing wrong, or something simple. But I\'ll send you a sample

The weird thing is that I *did* manage to import a smaller TM successfully. I wonder if it\'s because the larger TM has been created over so many versions of Trados, or because it\'s ZH>EN and there might be coding problems....? Anyway, I\'ll send you a sample (which will probably work just fine, just like when you take your car to the shop and it stops making
... See more
Thanks for your reply. I\'m sure it\'s something I\'m doing wrong, or something simple. But I\'ll send you a sample

The weird thing is that I *did* manage to import a smaller TM successfully. I wonder if it\'s because the larger TM has been created over so many versions of Trados, or because it\'s ZH>EN and there might be coding problems....? Anyway, I\'ll send you a sample (which will probably work just fine, just like when you take your car to the shop and it stops making that weird noise!)

I like the tool very much and want to make a final recommendation to the company I\'m consulting for that they use it exclusively, but we have to lick this import/export thing first. I\'m sure we will with your help.

Thanks again!

Terry
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import Trados to MetaTexis -- .tmx? .txt?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »