Importing different target languages
Thread poster: Renassans LS
Renassans LS
Renassans LS
Local time: 20:38
German to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2003

I have a problem with importing an aligned file to my Trados TM.

I received a text for translation from an agency, along with an aligned file with very similar content.

However, the aligned file was set for English into Dutch, whereas I translate from English into Swedish. The content of the aligned file was from a translation into Swedish, though. Just the setting was different.

When I try to import the file I only get invalid TU\'s
... See more
I have a problem with importing an aligned file to my Trados TM.

I received a text for translation from an agency, along with an aligned file with very similar content.

However, the aligned file was set for English into Dutch, whereas I translate from English into Swedish. The content of the aligned file was from a translation into Swedish, though. Just the setting was different.

When I try to import the file I only get invalid TU\'s (obviously). I\'ve tried to change the codes for the TU\'s from NL_NL into SV_SV, but to no avail. Changing the setting for \"Check matching sub-languages\" doesn\'t seem to help either.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Any help greatly appreciated.

Jonas

Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Search and Replace Apr 25, 2003

Hello,

you can open the Tradox txt file in WinWord and change the language identifier for the target with search and replace.

If you don\'t know the correct identifier for Sweedish, you can export one from you memories and take a look on the esport file.

Hans

Renassans LS
Renassans LS
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I thought of that one too... Apr 29, 2003

And, you\'re right, it sounds like a perfectly simple and effective solution.

I did, but somehow, it doesn\'t work. I really can\'t say why...

Thanks anyway!

Yours,

Jonas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing different target languages

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »