https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/10687-terminology_revision_with_metatexis_is_it_feasible.html

Terminology revision with Metatexis - is it feasible?
Thread poster: Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 21:03
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 3, 2003

Sorry to pester you with this question: I\'ve got to bring the terminology of two dozens of large files (translated by a dozen of translators) to a common terminology. (About 300 words/ expressions make the approved terminology to be used.) So this is not a proofreading job, it is rather \"harmonisation\".

Just recently, I discovered how useful Metatexis was, but I simply have no time to browse through the Help files to find out how to compare the source text with the tran
... See more
Sorry to pester you with this question: I\'ve got to bring the terminology of two dozens of large files (translated by a dozen of translators) to a common terminology. (About 300 words/ expressions make the approved terminology to be used.) So this is not a proofreading job, it is rather \"harmonisation\".

Just recently, I discovered how useful Metatexis was, but I simply have no time to browse through the Help files to find out how to compare the source text with the translated version and change the appropriate words, if necessary. Could you advise me on that?
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:03
Spanish
+ ...
Ask Hermann May 3, 2003

Hello Eva, you can ask Hermann Bruns, he\'s the developer of Metatexis. I\'m sure he\'ll know how to help you.

You\'ll find him here:

http://www.proz.com/translators/2421

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology revision with Metatexis - is it feasible?

Translation news related to CAT tools

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »