Mobile menu

create *.xlz for Idiom desktop workbench
Thread poster: thekidRMIT
Local time: 16:09
English to Vietnamese
Jun 4, 2008

Hi my client just send me a project using Desktop WorkBench but they send the project with word document. However DWB only accept *.xlz. How can I create file xlz to use for DWB(from word document to *.xlz). If using 3rd company programme please support me with the links

Direct link Reply with quote
Gabi Franz
Local time: 11:09
English to German
Not possible Jun 4, 2008

Hi, as far as I know this is not possible. This needs to be done in Idiom WorldServer by your client, that is your client needs to import the Word document into WorldServer and prepare an xlz package (which contains the file, the relevant TM entries and the glossary) which you can edit in Idiom Workbench.

Mihaela Boteva  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:09
Member (2005)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Not possible Jun 4, 2008

With Gabi -- this is not possible. Your client needs to prepare the package and send it to you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

create *.xlz for Idiom desktop workbench

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs