Thread poster: Cyril Georget
Cyril Georget
Cyril Georget
France
Local time: 02:56
English to French
+ ...
Jun 6, 2008

Does anyone know how to make Trados 7 freelance working in Word 2007 ?

I tried to reinstall Trados but it doesn't appear in Word 2007...

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not compatible; talk to Trados Jun 6, 2008

Sorry Cyril, but as far as I am aware, Trados 7 is not compatible with Office 2007. You should probably ask your in-country Trados representative about it to confirm this and, in case this is true, what steps can you follow to resolve the problem (probably an upgrade to Trados 8....).

Laura Crocè
Laura Crocè  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Try this... Jun 6, 2008

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/97204-trados_toolbar_in_office_pro_2007_word.html.
Hope this helps!

laura

Laura Crocè
Laura Crocè  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Not so sure... Jun 6, 2008

Tomás Cano Binder wrote:

Sorry Cyril, but as far as I am aware, Trados 7 is not compatible with Office 2007. You should probably ask your in-country Trados representative about it to confirm this and, in case this is true, what steps can you follow to resolve the problem (probably an upgrade to Trados 8....).

I'm working with both of them, and I've found only some problems in making the Trados toolbar appearing on Word...

Try the same!
Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2007 and Trados 7 freelance

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »