Translation software - could you recommend one ?
Thread poster: Anke Seyberth
Anke Seyberth
Anke Seyberth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:37
German to French
+ ...
Jun 6, 2008

I am looking for a good translation software Trados ? Wordfast - I don't know what to buy
I use Microsoft Office on PC. Who can give me a piece of
advice ?

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Good translation software Jun 7, 2008

Meiner Meinung nach und aus technischen Gruenden, wuerde ich dir entweder DejaVu oder MemoQ raten.

Aber, du sollst auch daran denken, dass aus Vermarktungsgruenden (a bon entendeur, salut...) , die Mehrheit der Kunden dir meistens eine ganz konkrete Uebersetzungssoftware verlangen werden...

Fuer mich die Frage waere welche Uebersetzungssoftware eignet sich am besten fuer die Uebersetzugsart mit der ich am meisten arbeite. Verschieden Uebersetzungsarten haben ja auch
... See more
Meiner Meinung nach und aus technischen Gruenden, wuerde ich dir entweder DejaVu oder MemoQ raten.

Aber, du sollst auch daran denken, dass aus Vermarktungsgruenden (a bon entendeur, salut...) , die Mehrheit der Kunden dir meistens eine ganz konkrete Uebersetzungssoftware verlangen werden...

Fuer mich die Frage waere welche Uebersetzungssoftware eignet sich am besten fuer die Uebersetzugsart mit der ich am meisten arbeite. Verschieden Uebersetzungsarten haben ja auch verchieden Beduerfnisse.
Collapse

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:37
English to Polish
Trials Jun 7, 2008

You have to choose, which would be the best for you

Why not to download trial versions, check them and then decide, which you wish to pay for.

I myself use HS Xliff Translation Editor and sometimes OmegaT. The first one has a trial version, the other one is freeware.

Anni

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:37
Russian to English
+ ...
Look in the forum archives Jun 7, 2008

There is lots of information, as this topic is often discussed. Just last week there was a thread that linked to various of the previous discussions.

As a beginner, learning OmegaT, I can't see any reason not to start with it, as it is free! I had some trouble getting started, since I was totally ignorant about it. If you decide to try it, contact me and I will tell you some of what I learned about where to get the most helpful information.

Susna

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
What do your customers demand of you? Jun 7, 2008

Hi! A good software is that one using which you feel most comfortable executing your customer´s specifics. It should cover a wide range of market demands and you should not spend much time learning it, whether it is trados, wordfast, transit or as a matter of fact any piece of software. There is much information available including debates and trouble shooting issues on this portal. I hope you find your way in and out of it. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation software - could you recommend one ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »