Mobile menu

Memory for Wordfast not supported by Trados
Thread poster: Roberta Zanasi

Roberta Zanasi
Local time: 02:08
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 4, 2008

Hi! After spending two days to allign a document with WORDFAST 5.0/PLUSTOOLS and create a memory for a manual to be used with trados (as you see i'm not very conversant with these stuff my colleague who uses trados says that she can't use the memory I produced. My memory is in txt format, is it not the one supported by TRADOS? I know that probably, by reading all this forum I could find something about this problem, but the delivery time for this manual is approaching and I promised my friend I would have given her the memeory...i thought it would be easier though....
thanks for helping me...

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-10-14 21:12]

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:08
French to English
It's not difficult Aug 4, 2008

Just export to TMX format from within the wordfast TM editor (read the manual if you don't know where that's located).

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:08
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Or use Wf2Tmx utility Aug 5, 2008

available from Files of the Wordfast group in Yahoo!.

English to German
TMX Export Oct 14, 2008

I've had a similar experience, and solved the issue by using TMX also. You may have to go for a lower version of TMX, i.e. TMX 1.1.

I had one case in which it helped to resort to a lower version of TMX. I lost some formatting information, which I had to re-apply manually, but at least I got it work.

Even when vendors such as WordFast claim they are compatible with Trados, there are some compatibility quirks that can manifest themselves depending on the complexity of the data/documents.

[Edited at 2008-10-14 20:43]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Memory for Wordfast not supported by Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs