Felipe Gútiez Velasco
Germany
Local time: 13:58
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Classify Sep 5, 2008

It is in order to get the best results. It was just like a spark I had. The solution could be in this direction. I don´t know.
There are several relevance grades:
general, more concrete, again more concrete, and so on, like in the Linneo classification system.
So each term should have a kind of "tag" added, in order to precisely clasify it.

I think that could be interesting for the terminology tool, but maybe not so much for the TM tool.

It could also
... See more
It is in order to get the best results. It was just like a spark I had. The solution could be in this direction. I don´t know.
There are several relevance grades:
general, more concrete, again more concrete, and so on, like in the Linneo classification system.
So each term should have a kind of "tag" added, in order to precisely clasify it.

I think that could be interesting for the terminology tool, but maybe not so much for the TM tool.

It could also be possible to have an authoring tool, so that when an author writes a text, this text will be "tagged". Authoring will be much more expensive, but translation will be cheaper in this way (eliminate ambigüity in the beginning).

I could start a company who only translates texts whose authoring are regulated by this or those making process.

I think there should be a market for this. How exactly, I don´t know.
Collapse

Felipe Gútiez Velasco
Felipe Gútiez Velasco
Germany
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Literary works alignmet pro bono Sep 5, 2008

AS for aligment of translations from literary works to feed a global TM could be this way.
There is a automatic alignment of the version or versions translated.
A person (possibly a student of Literature or the like who hast to read anyway the work in the original language) reads the book in his e-reader portable and corrects manually after reading the page the possible aligment problems of one version. If there are several versions, then you give the task to several people/students.
... See more
AS for aligment of translations from literary works to feed a global TM could be this way.
There is a automatic alignment of the version or versions translated.
A person (possibly a student of Literature or the like who hast to read anyway the work in the original language) reads the book in his e-reader portable and corrects manually after reading the page the possible aligment problems of one version. If there are several versions, then you give the task to several people/students. You give one work/one translation to at least two students/people.
Then you compare both aligments and if there is some difference you gave it to a new process (for example again two students or something like that).

Students could receive sony readers or the like for this task, for 2 years, for example.
Funding could be this by the unit Cultural Heritage of the European Commission.
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:58
French to English
Full circle Sep 5, 2008

Felipe Gútiez wrote:
I could start a company who only translates texts whose authoring are regulated by this or those making process.

And, having had a few pages of distracting talk about cooperatives, here we are, back once again to your main objective - making money for Felipe Gútiez.

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 09:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
**gasp** Sep 5, 2008

Charlie Bavington wrote:

Felipe Gútiez wrote:

And, having had a few pages of distracting talk about cooperatives, here we are, back once again to your main objective - making money for Felipe Gútiez.

Dear Charlie,

surely you don't mean that all those platitudes about the "era of collaboration" and doomsday prophesies about the end of intellectual property were just gibberish to hide the true motives: driving translation rates and dumping our profession further, with no regard for ethical and legal concerns, in order to fill a single man's pockets with money.

How very cynical of you.

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:58
French to English
House of Cards Sep 5, 2008

Andrea Riffo wrote:
surely you don't mean that all those platitudes about the "era of collaboration" and doomsday prophesies about the end of intellectual property were just gibberish to hide the true motives: driving translation rates and dumping our profession further, with no regard for ethical and legal concerns, in order to fill a single man's pockets with money.

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Felipe Gútiez Velasco
Felipe Gútiez Velasco
Germany
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Summarizing, by the way I don´t care at all about personal critics, no problem. Sep 6, 2008

Could you agree that basically everybody is interested in accessing/collaborating in a global TM and that the main questions to be resolved are:
-confidentiality
-quality
-fear that just one person or one firm takes advantage of this tool in terms of money or power?

Who is absolutely against no matter how and when?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The global TM I want...

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »