https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/11588-trados_problem%3A_cant_make_clean_up.html

Trados problem: Can't make clean-up
Thread poster: Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2003

Hello everybody!
My Trados version, Freelance 5.5, can't clean up the finished Word file. Error message: Word can not convert to RTF due to OLE/COM error (or similar, this message is shown in German).
The Word file is of appr. 15 MB, I have taken out several images etc, come down to 11 MB, but still the same result.
Does anybody have a solution? Please?
Thanks a lot advance.
Erik

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:39
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Clean the file in Word Jun 4, 2003

This solution was widely described here.
Be aware, that if cleaning in Word you need to open any TU you wish to change and close it properly with TRADOS prior to cleaning, as otherwise your TM WILL NOT BE UPDATED.

In Word, when the document is loaded, press ALT+F8. Select tw4winClean.Main and let it run. It works allways.

Kind regards
Jerzy

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Jun 4, 2003

Thanks a lot, Jerzy! It worked perfectly.
You saved my day - and helped me keeping a client waiting for an urgent translation.
Kind regards,
Erik

Tobi
Tobi
Local time: 08:39
English to German
+ ...
It can also be a problem of low disk space Jun 5, 2003

whenever i had this error message while cleaning up, i solved it by providing more disk space on the working volume. the error message occurs when trados is creating the temporary rtf file and does not have enough space to write it to the working volume. this rtf file can be much bigger in size than the original word file if it contains some screenshots or figures.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados problem: Can't make clean-up

Translation news related to CAT tools

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »