Mobile menu

Workbench 5.0 problems: inconsistent interaction with Multiterm, segments jumping to previous page
Thread poster: Myron Netchypor

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:21
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Jun 20, 2003

The problem is like this: when I start working with Trados (work document) workbench shows the terms from my multiterm database. but when I add a new entry to it, workbench stops to search for terms in multiterm, while term recognition option in it is marked like before. Can you help me please?

and another:

while coming to the next untranslated segment this segment is not situated at the middle of the page but leaps up almost to the previous page. Are there some adjustments to avoid it?

I will appreciate any advice. And yes, I have Trados 5 Freelance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:21
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try creating fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

Myron Netchypor wrote:

The problem is like this: when I start working with Trados (work document) workbench shows the terms from my multiterm database. but when I add a new entry to it, workbench stops to search for terms in multiterm, while term recognition option in it is marked like before. Can you help me please?

Hi Myron,

Maybe you need to create a fuzzy index after you add a new term to the MT database so that can be effectively added.

Try this. File > Create Fuzzy Index.

Hope that helps for this problem. No clue for the other thing.

Luck!

Maria José

mps1
Spain
Local time: 06:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

Maria Asis wrote:

Myron Netchypor wrote:

Hi Myron,

Maybe you need to create a fuzzy index after you add a new term to the MT database so that can be effectively added.

Luck!

Maria José

mps1
Spain
Local time: 06:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
fuzzy index Jun 20, 2003

yes, I agree with María José. Create a fuzzy Index. I had the same problem with the multi term and then it worked. I kdon't understand your second problem. Mirta.

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:21
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias! Jun 20, 2003

Thank you Maria, it works well now!
[/quote]

Hi Myron,

Luck!

Maria José[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench 5.0 problems: inconsistent interaction with Multiterm, segments jumping to previous page

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs