Hi,

See here: http://www.proz.com/books

/Chris

Kim G
Kim G
Local time: 00:32
Full time InDesign User Looking to Improve Processes Feb 19, 2009

Hi Chris,

I am extreme InDesign user working for a translation company and would love to review your book. Using InDesign daily for all sorts of clients I am always looking for more efficient ways of prepping the files for translation. I currently work with CS, CS2, CS3 and the new CS4.

Can I still get the ebook to review?

If so please send to: [email protected]

Kind Re
... See more
Hi Chris,

I am extreme InDesign user working for a translation company and would love to review your book. Using InDesign daily for all sorts of clients I am always looking for more efficient ways of prepping the files for translation. I currently work with CS, CS2, CS3 and the new CS4.

Can I still get the ebook to review?

If so please send to: [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Kim
Collapse

Tamer Mekhimar
Tamer Mekhimar  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:32
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hi Feb 21, 2009

Me too

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:32
English to Dutch
+ ...
Any independent reviews of this book available? Nov 25, 2010

I'm interested in the topic, but don't know if this is worth the 27 Euros it's advertised for.

Can anyone endorse this book? Are there independent reviews?

Sergio Juárez García
Sergio Juárez García
Spain
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Has anyone actually written a review of this book? Apr 7, 2011

I would like to read a review of this book before deciding whether to buy it or not. Has anyone actually written a review of this book? Where can one read it? Thxs in advance!

NMR (X)
NMR (X)
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
I have two questions Apr 8, 2011

1) did someone read the book?

2) is it useful to "prepare" the files? Wordfast translates directly the .inx files, I suppose other CATs do the same. As I also have InDesign, I check the output with this software, but there is nothing strange (except that in some cases the target text is longer). What is the reason for this?

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:32
Swedish to English
+ ...
By now the book might be obsolete Apr 8, 2011

I guess it was written for InDesign CS2/3, we're now on CS5.

Valerij Tomarenko
Valerij Tomarenko  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Russian
+ ...
Review of the e-book on my blog Aug 8, 2011

@ Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
You are right, it is for InDesign CS2/3. I bought indesignfortranlsators early this year, but only now posted a review on my blog at http://www.tomarenko.de/Blog . I am not sure about the permalink, but the review is easy to find, it’s the only English post on the blog, the rest is in German. Right now, I’m transferring the blog to WordPress, so it would be more comforta
... See more
@ Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
You are right, it is for InDesign CS2/3. I bought indesignfortranlsators early this year, but only now posted a review on my blog at http://www.tomarenko.de/Blog . I am not sure about the permalink, but the review is easy to find, it’s the only English post on the blog, the rest is in German. Right now, I’m transferring the blog to WordPress, so it would be more comfortable to post comments directly (at the moment, you have to email me, if you want to comment on the review).

@ Marinus Vesseur
Mine is probably the only independent review available now. I guess, it also covers your first question (“Can anyone endorse this book?”) quite clearly (it’s a rip-off).

[Edited at 2011-08-09 09:09 GMT]
Collapse

Chris Phillips
Chris Phillips  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Guide not updated Aug 8, 2011

Hi Madeleine,

Yes my guide was written back it the days of CS2/3. I am guilty of not updating since then.
My guide mainly deals with common issues caused by poor DTP that affect what we see in CAT tools once exported.
In my guide, I used TagEditor in many of the screenshots but the same issues will be seen in any CAT tool.

When I do get a chance to update the guide it will only add the export format IDML and the current tools on the market to handle CS5 -
... See more
Hi Madeleine,

Yes my guide was written back it the days of CS2/3. I am guilty of not updating since then.
My guide mainly deals with common issues caused by poor DTP that affect what we see in CAT tools once exported.
In my guide, I used TagEditor in many of the screenshots but the same issues will be seen in any CAT tool.

When I do get a chance to update the guide it will only add the export format IDML and the current tools on the market to handle CS5 - either by exporting to IDML or lifting a layer from the actual Indesign file, which I prefer as it keeps the image preview.

The best version for us translators to have is CS4 as this version allows us to export to inx and IDML. You can't do this in CS5.

Currently, only two people out of the 300 that have purchased my guide have claimed the money back guarantee that is offered. I don’t think Valerij was one of them and I can’t see his review so I can’t comment on what he feels was a rip-off.

However, if you goal is to only understand what to do with an IDML or CS5 file then wait for my update or post a question here and I will try to help.
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Chris Phillips
Chris Phillips  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download link Aug 9, 2011

As I say the guide is a little outdated now but if anyone thinks it might help them please download it for free from

http://www.indesign4translators.com/ind4transyd000015.zip

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Indesign for Translators - e-book reviewers required

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »